Shortening my sprinter's femurs?

Options
2»

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Can I have what you manage to lose? Cause I could use an inch of two; I'm not saying being short is awful but honestly it's kind of disgusting and makes me lack grace, you know? Also I can't see the top of my refrigerator.

It's not your legs that are making you lack grace.....it's your butt :wink:

This makes sense; my butt is considerable AND I'm very clumsy. The logic seems to check out. I'm going to go find my mom and make her take these genes backs right now.

Can I have what you manage to lose? Cause I could use an inch of two; I'm not saying being short is awful but honestly it's kind of disgusting and makes me lack grace, you know? Also I can't see the top of my refrigerator.

You don't want to see the top of your refrigerator. Unless you are a 50s stay-at-home-wife and you actually clean up there.

Wait. I'm confused. Which thread is this?

But my husband hides my allowance up there!

Well, ask him to hide it in the bread drawer. Then, you'll find it when you're making him a sammich.
  • sakuragreenlily
    sakuragreenlily Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    The key is maintaining a consistent calcium deficit, but not going too low, or you'll go into brittle mode.

Pssssh. It's called "osteoporosis mode."

Amateur.
  • Amyp7777
    Amyp7777 Posts: 79
    Options
    I wish my femurs would grow like that, but I can’t get there even eating 3,467 calories a day. You desire a different body type than I, and that enrages me.
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options

This makes sense; my butt is considerable AND I'm very clumsy. The logic seems to check out. I'm going to go find my mom and make her take these genes backs right now.

You don't want to see the top of your refrigerator. Unless you are a 50s stay-at-home-wife and you actually clean up there.

Well, ask him to hide it in the bread drawer. Then, you'll find it when you're making him a sammich.

a sammich? REALLY!?! He needs a hot meal prepared by the time he gets home from work, and don't forget to remove his shoes for him!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

a sammich? REALLY!?! He needs a hot meal prepared by the time he gets home from work, and don't forget to remove his shoes for him!

And the house should be cleaned, all distractions removed, and in the winter a fire ready for him to relax. Also, let him do whatever he wants and never question it - know your place as a wife. :flowerforyou:
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly not sure if this post is serious...

Just in case it is - OP, you're using the wrong terminology. Your femur is your thigh bone and there is no way to shorten (or lengthen) it once you're a full grown adult. Unless, as others have suggested, you use some sort of explosive of cutting tool or get surgery.

Do you mean you want your thighs to be bulkier? In that case, the squat suggestion is spot on.

P.S. However, you won't build muscle on a calorie deficit, or at least no more than a bit of newbie gains. You're pretty close to goal now so maybe look into doing some bulk/cut cycles?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1040979-de-bulking-athletic-butt-thighs

Phew! Thanks for the link! :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

And the house should be cleaned, all distractions removed, and in the winter a fire ready for him to relax. Also, let him do whatever he wants and never question it - know your place as a wife. :flowerforyou:

The sammich is his after dinner snack....obviously. He needs something to eat while he's drinking a beer in his recliner. Dinner is on the table promptly when he walks in the door. It's hard work taking care of a man, but I try to keep my stamina up by lifting 2.5lb dumbbells. They're pink, of course.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Somewhere my husband is staring longingly at the sky and wondering 'why not me...' Poor man, married a woman who's skills don't go much beyond "Put it on the grill! Can't go on grill? ...well I'm outta ideas."

Also he's been wearing the same Navy issued boots since basic. He's in the middle of his second 4 year contract. Let that sink in.
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Also he's been wearing the same Navy issued boots since basic. He's in the middle of his second 4 year contract. Let that sink in.

Well, if you were a good wife you would be cleaning and deodorizing them regularly. Maybe after you clean up after dinner while he's relaxing in front of the fire?
  • da_bears10089
    Options

Well, if you were a good wife you would be cleaning and deodorizing them regularly. Maybe after you clean up after dinner while he's relaxing in front of the fire?

yeah... pull it together already.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I'm such a bad wife! I must turn in my apron and vacuum then clean 100 dishes and sweep 8 flights of stairs as penance for my follies. Only then will I be worthy of my husband.

Also I will do yoga as I do my penance. I heard it makes you taller.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    The key is maintaining a consistent calcium deficit, but not going too low, or you'll go into brittle mode.

Pssssh. It's called "osteoporosis mode."

Amateur.
    omg I just lost it lol
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me exactly which pilates exercises lengthen the shin bones? because I'm sick of having to drive cars with the seat in the forward-most position and still having to stretch to reach the pedals
  • da_bears10089
    Options

I'm such a bad wife! I must turn in my apron and vacuum then clean 100 dishes and sweep 8 flights of stairs as penance for my follies. Only then will I be worthy of my husband.

Also I will do yoga as I do my penance. I heard it makes you taller.

Make sure you do your penance while he is at work, or out drinking all night with his friends. You must be readily available to take care of his much more important needs when he around.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there was a medieval torture device that was the opposite of the wrack. I'll do some research for you and get back to you.
  • Mario_Az
    Mario_Az Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Leg Extensions, Barbell Lunges, and Leg Presses

4 sets and 8-12 reps

after that move it up to

12-15 and sometimes even high reps 15-20

switch it up, go heavy one week. go high volume the next week
  • KatLifter
    Options
    Leg Extensions, Barbell Lunges, and Leg Presses

4 sets and 8-12 reps

after that move it up to

12-15 and sometimes even high reps 15-20

switch it up, go heavy one week. go high volume the next week

These will shorten femurs?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    What if you just lengthened the rest of your body to match?

Like do pilates, but not with your legs. Only arm and core pilates? Don't work your legs at all during your workout.....then your arms and torso will get lengthened but your legs will stay proportional?
    Then I'd get taller. That's gross.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options
    C4 works best
    Hyneman is that you? Oh wait, that's, "when in doubt, C4." Nevermind.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    Options

My slippers pipe and sherry are due, at six, oh, two.
    Oh, consistent is the life I lead.
This discussion has been closed.