laughing cow cheese

KendalBeee
KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
what flavor of laughing cow cheese do you use and what do you put it on? (looking to change things up a little)

Thanks!

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    I eat the french onion, by itself. But, I've been thinking about getting some english muffins, or those light flatbread things to toast and spreadh my laughing cow on.
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    I like cheddar on wheat thins or any flavored cracker.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    I like the regluar swiss light and the garlic & herb light: both melt really well as well. One of my favorite "quick" lunches is 1 microwaveable Minute Rice Brown & Wild, 1 cup frozen veggies (usually mixed), Hormel Turkeyroni (17 slices/1 svg) & 1 Garlic & Herb Light cheese wedge - very filled & only around 400 calories :smile:
    If you like the Laughing Cow Bonnie Bell cheese (light also), they taste good cubed & mixed with cubed golden delicious apple.
  • mowryann
    mowryann Posts: 17 Member
    Garlic & herb is great. I like it on Garlic & Herb Wheat Thin Flatbread. Also good on celery or used as a condiment replacement on bread for meat sandwiches. Enjoy !!
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    I love the light swiss and garlic and herb. I use it on whole wheat toast, as a spread on sandwiches, stuffed in celery, pretzals...and i even put it in mashed potatoes instead of cream and butter. yum!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Try eating cheese with grapes. I know that may sound weird, but it is really tasty. I always give my daughter string cheese with apples also which is good. My son can't have dairy so I don't eat cheese that much just so he feels he is not the only one who can't eat it but every now and again when he is not looking I love me some cheese! :flowerforyou:
  • shera426
    shera426 Posts: 227 Member
    I just started buying laughing cow cheese and in the past 2 weeks have found some awsome combo's! I get the creamy swiss.

I cut up apples and spread it on top
    celery
    bagel thins
    spread for ritz crackers
    on eggs- seriously this one is great. put 2 eggs in a bowl and whisk them up, put them in the microwave for 2 minutes. they come out fully cooked. Then I take the cheese wedge and mix it up and it's a quick and easy plus i don't put in american cheese anymore and it's just as yum
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Garlic and herb makes a great eggbeaters omlette!
  • ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    I like to make a snack using a slice of turkey breast lunch meat and rolling it around a wedge of light Swiss Laughing Cow.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Hey...we don't have any flavours where I live. Only regular or light Laughing Cow - no fair! :grumble:
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Bump
    Interested in what other people have to say.
  • TracieJ65
    TracieJ65 Posts: 645 Member
    I use garlic & herb, french onion, and swiss. There are three new flavors, in stores as of recently, but I have not found them yet. I am anxious to try them. Anyway, I use them on lower calorie crackers, like special K, or I have found a multi grain cracker, at Sams Club, that you can eat like 18 for like 100 calories and I love the french onion on those. I also spread any of the flavors on sandwiches and have put them in scrambled egg beaters.
  • Gerkenstein
    Gerkenstein Posts: 315 Member
    Haven't tried this yet, but it sounds delicious. Another MFP user, jnikitow, posted this yesterday:

1/2 med.-large avocado
    1 wedge laughing cow light swiss cheese (original)

I didn't measure these things, just did it by taste. There are no calories in the seasonings though.
    a little lemon juice
    a little chili powder
    a little garlic powder
    a little salt and pepper

Just mash and stir it all together until most of the clumps are gone.

I was able to get three 2 tablespoon servings out of mine.

It came out to about 60 calories.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    thanks everyone!! this is some great stuff!
This discussion has been closed.