Any musicians here?

Options
joelo_83
joelo_83 Posts: 218 Member
Checking to see what everyone's music talents and tastes are!

I'm a jazz junkie. Play bass primarily and keyboard. Got a nasty cramp at a gig last night in the middle of a set from a hard workout hours before

Replies

• lilbitmeme
    lilbitmeme Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I sadly don't play any Instruments but I can fake a little on the guitar but I am a singer
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Me. I'm a classically trained flutist
  • wdunderwood67
    wdunderwood67 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I can play anything a little, but mostly play guitar or banjo. I sing and write.
    Grew up on Country and Southern Rock.
    I enjoy Blues to Bluegrass, anything with a good rythm but do not care for rap.
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I play the drums.

On Rockband :smiley:
  • indigrrl
    indigrrl Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    ejinvt wrote: »
    I can play the piano from memory or sometimes by ear but can't read sheet music so I'm pretty much useless

Hush now, D. That's just silly.

This. Lots of the best don't/didn't read music. I can, but can't learn by ear worth a darn.

Singer, here. Symphony chorus & church, mainly. I know enough piano to annoy everyone around me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I play double bass in an americana/bluegrass band. I also play guitar, 3 finger style influenced by Mississippi John Hurt. I also play...a little of everything because I'm a music teacher :)
  • JKI19
    JKI19 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Violinist and Guitarist over here. :)
  • joelo_83
    Options
    I can play the piano from memory or sometimes by ear but can't read sheet music so I'm pretty much useless

Haha for pretty much all of pop music , being able to read is optional. Good for you tho!
  • joelo_83
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I play double bass in an americana/bluegrass band. I also play guitar, 3 finger style influenced by Mississippi John Hurt. I also play...a little of everything because I'm a music teacher :)

Hey never forget that what you do for a living , most of us can only scratch by on free time.. you're lucky!
  • nahmm83
    nahmm83 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Really wish I could play the piano.....just a beginner. Guitar would be next to learn, but my air drumming is awesome! However, I'm pretty proud of my voice. I can sing....that's pretty much it :/
  • joelo_83
    Options
    nahmm83 wrote: »
    Really wish I could play the piano.....just a beginner. Guitar would be next to learn, but my air drumming is awesome! However, I'm pretty proud of my voice. I can sing....that's pretty much it :/

Nothing to be "
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Oh I should have mentioned I am a music teacher too and a theory nerd. I have a bachelor of music degree in flute and theory.
  • kledmons
    kledmons Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Learning to play the ukulele...tenor ukulele
  • joelo_83
    Options
    Oh I should have mentioned I am a music teacher too and a theory nerd. I have a bachelor of music degree in flute and theory.

So cool!
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Self taught guitar about 4 years ago. I write music sometimes but mostly just play and rework songs I like. I like a lot of indie/pop but also rock and country too.

I can kinda sing lol. I have a keyboard sitting on my desk waiting for me to learn to play.
  • frank6666
    frank6666 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Guitarist here. Playing hard rock and metal. Yeah!
  • liftinggoddess1
    liftinggoddess1 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Violin, piano right hand better and sing like a nighting pig hhaha!