Update of the shrinking fat Lady!

18 pounds have fallen off this fat lady now and I am thrilled. I mowed the yard again and this time, it seemed easier. My face was still super red and I was sweating like crazy, but the "huffing and puffing" wasn't as bad. Last week I reached the imaginary 10th floor in our home; now I can walk 10 times up and down on our stairs with only one short break. 120 steps up and 120 steps down. My first mission is accomplished!

I have been quiet here lately, didn't participate much. I was busy at work and busy in my private life. I noticed something that was hard to swallow. I did not just let myself go when I gained so much weight. I let everything go. Our home seemed clean, as long as you didn't open the closet doors and didn't look in the attic and the garage.

So many unfinished projects everywhere. I started some things and then I put them away. It was too much work, or it took to long. I did the same with my health and my weight. "I take care of it later," but then I never did. Week after weed, month after month I let weight and other things pile up.

The last days I went through our house and cleaned up. I opened drawers and cabinets and cleaned up. There is now a pile of books on my nightstand that I will read, there are small projects on my desk that I will finish. The paint colors that I bought so long ago will be used and we will paint the rooms as planned.

How could I not see that? How could I not notice that I spent too many hours in front of the TV eating and drinking, just because doing something else seemed to be too much work?

My outside is a reflection of my inside. I had given up on myself and it shows...it shows everywhere. Menopause and some health issues almost beat me to the ground, but now I am up and I am standing tall (huffing and puffing). Only 82 more pounds to lose.

Replies

• sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    It's so easy to procrastinate our health and happiness away!! So happy for you for taking action. Don't worry too much about time lost or things you should have done sooner, and get to doing them now. :)
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    way to go. 18 lbs gone and you are also facing other things you have procrastinated on. Good work.
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Love this.
  • fatorphat
    fatorphat Posts: 16 Member
    Good for you! Nice to see you heading in the right direction in all facets of you life. Rock on!
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Your post really resonated with me. Everything seems to go downhill at once. It seems overwhelming sometimes, impossible to get started. But then you start fixing one thing, and the other things follow. The important thing to remember is to take that first step, do the one little thing. Good luck to you!
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    MyReflections, you are Really Something! Loved what you wrote!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    your just kicking *kitten* girlfriend.............onward and downward!!! <3<3<3
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    You are awesome! Thank you for sharing your story. You are an inspiration. You are an achiever.
  • CatMama526
    CatMama526 Posts: 23 Member
    You have lost more than the weight of a sperm whale's brain! That is COOL! Way to go!!
  • 0505jen
    0505jen Posts: 147 Member
    I have started keeping a journal with monthly mini goals, including things I want to make habit of doing as well as mini projects to do with housekeeping, crafts, etc. Every positive thing we can achieve goes towards personal happiness.
  • ivleafklover
    ivleafklover Posts: 36 Member
    Good for you! It sounds like you are really changing. :)
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    You've opened your eyes to life it sounds like! Fabulous post and progress!!
  • tracydecicco
    tracydecicco Posts: 60 Member
    That totally motivated me! Thank you
  • treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Good job!! I feel the same I'm down 31 and when I got my act together with eating started feeling g better and kinda thought wow where have I been the last 3 years....so much more falling g I to place...I have 100 more to go...your rocking tje grass cutting!
  • nwd1976
    nwd1976 Posts: 40 Member
    Great effort. Just remember everyone of those stairs you climb is one more than last time. Keep it up soon you be running up those stairs.
  • SoCrescentCity
    SoCrescentCity Posts: 14 Member
    Awesome! Newbie here so anyone OK with adding a new friend don't hesitate
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!