Calories help

So if I consume 1200 to 1400 calories a day but I also most of the time burn between 500 to 1100 calories a day am I eating to little?

Replies

• WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    probably. though i'd wonder how you're calculating the 500-1100. machines and calculators are highly inaccurate, and if you're not weighing your food on a digital scale, you might be eating more than 1200-1400.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,314 Member
    I agree with WBB55.

The best thing you can do is track all your food and exercise as accurately as you can CONSISTENTLY for 4-6 weeks and then go back and analyze your data. Based on your weight loss and how you feel, make adjustments if you feel you need to.

MyFitnessPal wants you to eat more on days you exercise. No other weightloss site calculates using the Mifflin St Joer calculations, so it can be confusing.

1. Log all your food here.
    2. Log your exercise
    3. Eat until you have a zero at the bottom of your food diary (so eat more when you exercise. "How much more" is not easy to judge by a website, due to exertion levels etc.)

At the end of your 4-6 weeks, you'll have good data.

I finally settled on just using 300 calories per one hour of exercise - no matter what exercise I do. Keeps it simple.
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    If you eat 1400 cals and burn 500 your net calories will be 900 so you can eat more. If you eat 1400 cals and burn 1100 then you net 300 and you would need to eat a lot more.