Calories

Options
aj757
aj757 Posts: 8 Member
So I ate breakfast and dinner but still have 711 calories left and only 6 carbs remaining . It is 428 I. The after noon I haven't been hungry. It says I had 500? Cal so far is this a problem?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,104 Member
    Options
    Just keep eating. The good thing about a Food Log for me was that that I started to see how I was not getting the best mix of Carbs/Fats/Protein.

Don't worry about it - it's a learning process. :) Enjoy your remaining 711 calories, no matter how you use them!
  • pmm3437
    pmm3437 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    The number of carbs only matters if you are trying to follow a specific diet that limits them ( by choice or due to medical condition ). The ratio of carbs/protein/fat is customizable to reflect your meal plans. As long as you get your minimum RDA of each macro nutrient, the rest is up to you.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    The easiest way to get a certain macro balance for the day is to pre-log so that you can see the macros before you eat and perhaps make different choices that better fit your desired macro balance. I log just before I eat but some people pre-log the whole day or even pre-log several days in advance. You can always make adjustments if you end up eating something different.