Ex-Lymie, Need to Stay Sugar-Free

Hi All! I've recently finished a brutal treatment for lyme disease (treatment was brutal because it took 6 years to get diagnosed and the lyme bacteria was so entrenched...anyway, story for another time if you're interested). I had been doing a food log prior to treatment (with Nutrimirror, which no longer exists) and I liked it. While in treatment, I had such a strict meal regimen (no sugar, no yeast, no alcohol, no caffeine, no vinegar, no corn products, no high-sugar fruits...) and adverse drug side effects that it was a struggle just to consume enough calories, and I was too tired to log. Now that most of my food restrictions are lifted, I am looking for weight maintenance and general health. One catch: I've been sentenced by my doctor to a lifetime without sugar (including honey, agave syrup, maple syrup, etc) and alcohol. Apparently, sugar strongly suppresses the immune system, which is generally Not Good, especially if there are still some lyme bacteria hiding out.

I'm now in the process of adding some foods back to my diet (yay yeast! and corn!), which means re-adapting some of my old recipes, and figuring out what I can get store-bought that has no added sugar (surprisingly less than you'd think). If anyone is in a similar boat (no sugar, or ex-lyme, or just frustrated with food restrictions or wants to hang out) please get in contact. I need food ideas!