Long time lurker, first time poster

Options
Hi MFP family!!

I have been around MFP a little while now, but never really engaged in the forums. However, this is not a journey one can always manage of their own, so time to branch out and make some fitfam friends.

I am from little New Zealand, down the bottom of the world. I am currently in the triple digits (kgs) and wanting desperately to get that down to double figures. I go to circuit training 3 x a week with a small PT group, but food is always a struggle that I am slowly overcoming. I also have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism which worsens that struggle a bit and makes my body hang on to weight like a climber to a cliff. Since starting the gym sessions in November, I have lost a total of 3kgs (6.6lbs), so it gets a bit disheartening. My body fat measurements are steadily decreasing though so at least there is some progress.

Anyway - hi all :)

Replies

• lmiyoshi
    lmiyoshi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI! It's great to come out of the shadows :) Yes, focus on the positives... body measurements are way more important than the needle of the scale. And so is sticking to it.
  • tboz08202016
    tboz08202016 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Since coming into the forums I have gathered a small, yet wonderfully supportive group of friends. I'll add you and perhaps you'll be inclined to add some of them. We're all in this together no matter the amount of weight we need to lose. And isn't it really all about getting healthy too? I'll join you in your journey!
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    Options
    lmiyoshi wrote: »
    HI! It's great to come out of the shadows :) Yes, focus on the positives... body measurements are way more important than the needle of the scale. And so is sticking to it.

Thank you :)
  • candiinprogress
    candiinprogress Posts: 7,883 Member
    Options
    Since coming into the forums I have gathered a small, yet wonderfully supportive group of friends. I'll add you and perhaps you'll be inclined to add some of them. We're all in this together no matter the amount of weight we need to lose. And isn't it really all about getting healthy too? I'll join you in your journey!

Thank you :) I look forward to it! :)
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you! I just started using the forums today for some extra accountability and support. I'm from the us but traveled to New Zealand back in college and it was a beautiful place! I can't wait to go back again someday! Good luck on your journey!
  • Lovethesnow35
    Lovethesnow35 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new. Just over a month in. Everyone is so kind and welcoming. Please join in! The fun and games makes it feel more like a family.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I have been with MFP for two years. It is amazing and I am happy to have a fit family!