Use MFP Back in 2012 And Now I'm Back!

In 2012, I was just graduating law school and studying for the bar. I went from being a former model to a chubby shut-in within the course of months. I couldn't seem to get rid of the weight despite eating crazy healthy and working out like a nut. When you study for the bar, trust me, workouts are the only thing you have to look forward to.

It was insane, I took the bar and felt super relieved. Within days I lost about 10 lbs. Yes, DAYS. It all just went away. Turns out, when you're crazy stressed out, a lot of weight gain is just anxiety and the minute that stress is gone, so is the weight. Crazyyyyy stuff.

4 years later and I have a nutty career that leaves me broke more than anything (decided not to practice and went into marketing since it was more creative). I'm stressed out again and have been for years. Sometimes I manage to shake the weight off and it's fleeting. I gained about 20 lbs since September 2015 (9 months) and I'm back to finding it impossible to get rid of the weight.

Most of it is me, though -- I just keep giving up. I'll do well for a few days, feel stressed out, and drink massive amounts of booze to cope. I spend the following two days just trying to recover and then lather, rinse, repeat.

Anyway, I've been trying a bunch of meditation techniques and feel like this time I can legit put my mind to it and succeed. Took me a while to kinda feel less stressed out, but I think I'm finally at that point where I can manage my stress through spirituality and tapping into "something bigger". I don't know how long it would last and it'd be nice to have a community who will encourage be to do better and focus on solving problems rather than pointing out my problems (god I hate that) should they arise.

Last time I was on here I befriended another bar taker and a chick studying for her boards and that was awesome status! I know there're people like me out there and it'll be great to have you guys around when the going gets rough!

Thanks for letting me go blah blah blah! Have an awesome day!

BTW, do any of you know of some great accounts to follow on here? Preferably of women in their mid 30's who've gone from big to tight?! Let me know!

Replies

• Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    wholeheartedly agree. when i combine meditation with weight loss plans, I have the most success! I think this is too often a missing component.
    Now to convince myself to make consistent meditation a priority!