Help

Options
I have sleep apnea, I am 33 female, 5'5 218 lbs, also have acid reflux. I have gained 20lbs+ since being diagnosed. I am a picky eater (don't like most veggies), also does shift work.Things that used to fill me up no longer fill me up so I end up eating more. What can I do to lose weight?

Replies

• redladybug69
    redladybug69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Maybe try "clean eating".
    More smaller meals combining a protein and carb.

Just eat the veggies you do like.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's not what you want to hear, but you gained weight due to a calorie surplus. To lose that same weight, you're going to need a deficit.

First, grab yourself a food scale. It seems daunting at first, but it is an eye opener. Set your goals into MFP and follow its recommendation. Then start experimenting with combinations of foods. Protein and fiber are typically the most filling. Being a picky eater, you might have to really play around with what works. In the end, by losing this extra weight, you might see improvement on the ailments, which could be motivation enough. It truly sucks dealing with both acid reflux and sleep apnea.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Maybe try "clean eating".
    More smaller meals combining a protein and carb.

Just eat the veggies you do like.

I also want to note that "clean eating" is an over used term that means nothing. People can still over eat "clean" foods and gain weight. So OP, stay clear of trends such as this without researching in depth.