Need some motivation

Options
I'm in need of some motivation. I keep going back to eating too much sugar and things I shouldn't eat. I want to lose 20kg but it's going sooooooo slow and it's difficult.
I'm so tired of it.

Replies

• Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hey, It Is SLOW, But That Means Your Most Likely Doing It The Right Way.. Those Quick Fix Diets Always Rebound... A Slow And Steady Approach To A Healthy Lifestyle IS The Lasting Way To Go.. Be Patient, Pay Attention To Your Body And How It Reacts To Changes In Your Diet And Exercise And Learn From The Experience.. HERES TO A HEALTHY LIFESTYLE!!!
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Where is your hang-up? Are you bingeing every day, or for a few days and get back on track? Today I am starting 30 days of 6 days a week logging and staying under-before, I would track 4 days a week and understand I was only going to lose 1/2 lb a week. But that was okay with me then. Decide what your reasonable goals are and be proud of all accomplishments, big and small. Sugar is a toughie for a lot of people!
  • Naomii28
    Naomii28 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Binging a few days and then back on track for a few days and again and again. It's a circle really. I can't stop stress eating... Yeah 1/2lb per week is good though! I'm gaining at the moment :(
  • sactosteph
    sactosteph Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just read a motivating book. Triggers, by Marshall Goldsmith. He believes that you take note of your progress each day by gently asking yourself "Did I do my best today to...." (eat well, exercise, be a good mom, etc) Ranking it 1-10 it gently allows you to realize that you did good, can do better and that it takes time.

Full disclosure: It's a business book, but it's really about changing the way you react to your environment, realizing that's the only control you have.

Here's http://www.strategy-business.com/article/00342?gko=8746a