Strength training at home - basic equipment

Options
2»

Replies

• cronus70
    cronus70 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    xvolution wrote: »
    What I use for strength training is a good set of resistance bands and three door anchors [one for each position in a secure door: high/mid/low]. Resistance bands help by maintaining a load on your muscles at all times, unlike dumbells where most of the muscle work is in the push part of the exercise. I've been working with them for the last month as part of a rehab program [a serious allergic reaction with some meds I was taking caused a considerable amount of muscle degeneration] and so far I'm up to the 30 pound resistance band. With a combination of bands, you can get a total weight resistance of 75 pounds.

I use bands as well and I follow the fantastic structured workouts on LiveExercise.com, it's a subscription service ($10pm) but the content is amazing. Not just band workouts either.
  • rempejeff
    rempejeff Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Bow flex would be perfect for you doesn't take up a lot of room and you can get nice results from it.
  • pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I am fairly certain I could do every body part with a few dumbells and a flat bench. I would start with that and add as necessary.