I need recipes for chicken!

Options
13»

Replies

• firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    If you're not using it already, herbes de provence is a great spice blend for chicken and a different flavor profile than what I'm used to having in my kitchen. You can make your own or just buy it where you get your spices.

I learned about it from an eatingwell.com recipe called "chicken and spiced apples" that I really love, but you can use the spice blend for anything really.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Whenever I cook chicken, I usually slice a breast into thin pieces and either add it to a stir-fry or chicken fried rice. It helps to have a well seasoned wok, which lets you use less oil. What you add to the stir-fry depends on your imagination. The base recipe uses chicken, garlic, ginger, onions, chili paste, soy sauce and hoisin sauce. To keep the sodium down I use a lite soy sauce instead of a regular one. As for veggies, I did one yesterday with green peppers, onions, peas, carrots, green beans and pineapple chunks.
  • tlmhiebert1985
    tlmhiebert1985 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I use extra lean ground turkey/chicken in place of beef. So I make burritos, sloppy joes, spaghetti with squash, fajitas, taco salad, Caesar salads, chicken gumbo, chicken fettuccine etc....
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I make Hummus Chicken a lot. I put garlic hummus on chicken breast and I squeeze lemon and a little sprinkle of smoke paprika on top and bake it. It makes a delicious crust and the chicken is not dry at all! One of our favorites!

This sounds yummy!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Boneless, skinless chicken thighs (buy the family pack). Toss them in a mixture of olive oil, your favorite poultry seasoning, a good dry barbecue seasoning rub (it does NOT make the chicken taste like barbecue), salt, pepper, splash of soy sauce or Braggs aminos, and juice of 1 lemon (or a little apple cider vinegar - you need a little acidity). Pour marinade and all into a roasting pan and put them in a 400 F oven for about 45 minutes. The flavor is out of this world delicious. My family loves this chicken. I usually hide a couple of pieces for lunches, or just to dice up and turn into delicious chicken salad.

ETA: I use McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning for my poultry seasoning, a barbecue spice rub that I get from my local butcher counter, and I prefer the lemon juice and Braggs aminos to the soy sauce and ACV.
  • SaraMA1
    SaraMA1 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I like to make a batch of this Vegetarian White Chili. Sometimes I buy a cooked plain rotisserie chicken and shred some into the chili. Really good, and freezes well to take for lunches if in a pinch!
    Chili
    1 tablespoon olive oil
    2 cups diced white onion
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 tablespoon ground coriander
    1 can (11 oz) Green Giant™ SteamCrisp™ white shoepeg whole kernel corn
    1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles, undrained
    2 cans (19 oz each) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
    4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
    Toppings
    4 teaspoons tomatillo salsa
    Low-fat sour cream or plain yogurt, if desired
    Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired

In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until translucent. Add cumin and coriander; cook about 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add corn and chiles; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until corn begins to brown.
    2 Add half of the beans and the vegetable broth. Heat to boiling over high heat. Mash remaining beans with fork. Add to saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-high; continue to cook 18 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
    3 Divide chili evenly among 4 bowls. Top each with 1 teaspoon of the tomatillo salsa. Top with sour cream and cilantro.
  • garyltaylor80
    garyltaylor80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    chicken nachos. grill some chicken breast and add fajita seasoning. get sum pico de gallo and shredded cheese.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    It's so hot I just want to grill everything! And my kids are more adventurous if the food is on a stick. Which makes it easy to portion too!

I recommend chicken kabobs...make a bunch and then you have meals on a stick.. I like chicken, either shallots or pearl onions (something I don't have to cut much or at all that goes on the stick) and zucchini on mine. You could use tomatoes too, but hot tomatoes gross me out, texturally. Then I make a pesto to brush on top right before they are done cooking. Here's the pesto.

1.5 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
    1 clove garlic
    1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
    kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
    3 tbsp olive oil

zip that all up in your food processor. Sometimes I add toasted pine nuts, or if I'm short on basil I'd do 1/2 cup basil and a cup of spinach.

Oh yeah, chicken satay. mmm....I use the skinny taste chicken satay, but I make my own peanut dipping sauce that isn't low cal. I also add more red curry paste. I think she might have meant 2 TBS not 2tsps of it. You can't even taste it with only 2 tsp.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/grilled-chicken-satay-with-spicy-peanut-sauce/

For the peanut sauce I use:

2/3 cup hoisin sauce
    1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
    1/3 cup water
    3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
    1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce

It combines better if you nuke your peanut butter first for 20-30 seconds. If you want to make it spicy you could add a little sriracha or some of the hung foy red pepper chili garlic sauce (which after fish sauce is my all time favorite condiment)