How much weight did you lose before going down a size?

Options
Im 26 lbs down & still the same size...

Replies

• caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    20 pounds from 20 to 18. Less and less for smaller sizes.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    30 lbs (202.5 to 170 ish )
  • valerievaladez
    valerievaladez Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ok. That makes sense. Thank you!
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    The larger you are, the more you will have to lose to drop a size. I'm 350 lbs and wear 4X. I won't fit into 3X again until I'm around 280 ish. and then 2X at around 220 lbs.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Every 10lbs I dropped a dress size.
  • vintageruby
    vintageruby Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have lost 31 pound so far (255 to 224) but am still the same size (18 - jeans and dress pants). However, size 18 is a little loser now but still can't fit into 16. Also, I was XXL (in cotton cargo pants and leggings) as 255 and now I am XL (and the XL is loser now as well).

Hoping this helps and you can add me as a friend if you would like :)

• baciodolce18
    baciodolce18 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'd say about 25 pounds right now. I'm about 20 pounds down and my size 16s are big but 14s are still a touch tight.
  • Shana67
    Shana67 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    215 to 182 currently. Started at a (tight) 16 and am at a (loose) 12 currently. I'm going to say probably 20ish pounds for a full size. I am 5'9". Probably less weight for shorter women :)
  • spiritbrat
    spiritbrat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Every 10 pounds for me!
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs and as far as I can tell, I've only lost a pant size and can sorta fit into a smaller dress size. I'm sorta envious of those who have dropped so many pant and dress sizes! :disappointed:

I'm 5'5 (165cm); started at 226lbs (102.5kg) and currently weigh ~185lbs (83.9kg).
  • LisaKay91
    LisaKay91 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    It will probably be another 15-20lbs for a total lose of 40-50lbs before moving down a size.
  • girl_inflames
    girl_inflames Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I was in a 14 when I was 196. I got back into a 12 at around 185 and I got back into a 10 at around 175-170. around every 15-20 pounds? I'm at 154 now and still in a 10. I'm hoping to get into an 8 ultimately
  • leed12345
    leed12345 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It also depends on if you exercise. If you do, you tighten up and the sizes will change much quicker. It takes me 20 lbs. to move a size., but it only took the first 10 lbs. to move bc I started exercising as well.
  • stelloian
    stelloian Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I dropped 15 lbs before I dropped a size. I started lifting and dropped another size but only lost 3 more pounds.
  • NAbramovich
    NAbramovich Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am 5 feet tall and started out at 185, wearing (really, stuffing myself) into size 10 stretchy pants. I've dropped 27.5 lbs and now those stretchy pants actually fit, but I still haven't lost a size. I wore L and XL tops (depending on the brand) and now those all look way too big. I'm still not comfortable wearing anything more fitted, so I walk around looking sloppy (I'll buy new clothes when I've dropped more weight -- I'm just at a weird in between size right now). I think a changes in sizing would be more easily noticed in fitted clothing without stretch.
  • CourtneyYoung2015
    CourtneyYoung2015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 4"9 and weighed 155 and now weigh 120 and only went from size 13 to 11. Almost 2/3 of the way to my goal and almost no size change
  • jmb6739
    jmb6739 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Took me 30 pounds before I went down the first size, now it seems to be moving faster (particularly with losing more inches than weight).
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The larger you are, the more you will have to lose to drop a size. I'm 350 lbs and wear 4X. I won't fit into 3X again until I'm around 280 ish. and then 2X at around 220 lbs.

You'll fit into 2X much sooner than 220 lbs.

• EsdeathFarron
    EsdeathFarron Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    69 lbs. because I only just recently checked, but I'm not sure what my original size was. I know some of my XL shirts have become baggy now, and I either wear small or medium in active wear. I have a pair of active wear bottoms in extra small but have to wear another brand in large. It's all so inconsistent. *lol*