How do You get out of your head? Battling the "quits".

Options
2»

Replies

• cwhiting77
    cwhiting77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    RBarley92 wrote: »
    Totally know this feeling!! For me its been postnatal depression which has led to a loooot of post baby weight gain. She is now ten months old and I feel like I'm bigger then I was in the last few weeks of pregnancy! Keeping up with doing anything is hard and although three days a week I make my step goal which is a low 4000 the other four days I just can't seem to do it. Decided to give myself a long term goal and signed up for the VLM next year in order to motivate myself to get out running, its completely failed. In the past three weeks I've been out once :( Now I'm constantly in my own head thinking I can't do it and just can't escape

Keeping good thoughts for you! I never experienced postnatal depression, but understand it can be gruelling to get through, the walking will help, and baby step goals to increase, pun intended :)
  • cwhiting77
    cwhiting77 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    elncatalan wrote: »
    Turning 45 and battled clinical depression, found my inner happiness and lost weight and feeling fitter and confident. I think it happened because I changed my inner dialogue and stayed away from negative things (news, people). Really I think what triggered all of this self love and all that followed was meditation, something I always thought I couldn't do because I couldn't "stop thinking". Turns out, that's normal and okay! You accept your thoughts and move on. Anyway, I hope you can find. Way to get out of your own head and out of your own way. You deserve to feel your best and to enjoy your life.

Sounds like you're talking about me! Depression has been around for so long, it's starting to become my crutch. I too have shyed from the meditation, but now I think I shall try the audio download for meditating that's been sitting in my library untouched for months. Ah, to have that inner peace and happiness, that would be the ultimate achievement for me.

Thank you!

:smiley: