Not losing weight....mystery

Options
2»

Replies

• Shy_Yogi
    Shy_Yogi Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Go see a dr if nothing else is working. There may be a medical issue (like your Thyroid being off - when I can't lose weight but do everything I'm supposed to, I get my thyroid checked....then again, I have hypothyroidism). It doesn't hurt to be sure and rule out a medical condition if you haven't already done so....
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    It's a scientific fat you can goggle that you have to exercise for at least 60 minutes for it to affect your weight loss. Weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise so you didn't lost all your weight with that little exercise.

whut1.gif
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    It's a scientific fat you can goggle that you have to exercise for at least 60 minutes for it to affect your weight loss. Weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise so you didn't lost all your weight with that little exercise.

whut1.gif

I am so happy to learn that this .gif exists.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options

whut1.gif

I am so happy to learn that this .gif exists.

Agreed. There should be more .gifs like this.
  • Gsdmom2
    Gsdmom2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It may be beneficial to see a physician to rule out a physiological reason for this, such as hypothyroidism. He/she can refer you to a nutritionist for dietary analysis and advice, There are tons of "diets" and programs available, but the truth of it is that a 1 lb weight loss equates to 3500 calories expended. No getting around that one! Good luck on your journey. you WIll find a solution.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I love mysteries, but I hate not knowing who dun it at the end. OP, I hope you'll come back and let us know if this thread has been any help.
  • Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Be mindful of your calorie sources. Fat and protein are the slowest to break down, making them ideal.
  • mwright9983
    Options
    It might help if you open up your diary so we can see. Are you counting calories?

Did you give up meat just for weight loss, or for another reason? Protein can really help keep you full and energized.

What sort of workout are you doing?

I'll open my diary but like I said, it's been on my own up until now so there was nothing in my diary. Just started MFP here recently. I honestly haven't counted calories but have cut my portions in half. I cut out meat because I wanted to be healthier and with all the hormones and other unnatural added ingredients, meat was making me sick to even think about eating. So, it was a personal choice. I found protein in peanut butter and almonds...etc.

I was doing a combination of workout routines I found in magazines.