My Blog

Options
I welcome your comments and friend requests. Stick with me, I'll stick with you. This is happening.

92.2kg (203lb). That makes 10kgs (23lb) to lose. Again.

I’ve done this before from a heavier starting point and with less knowledge. I know the commitment, perseverance, physical hunger this takes. As hard as giving up cigarettes. Harder I believe.

I am committed. The foot is down. I would rather be fit and healthy and feel good about my body than indulge the short term pleasure of gluttony. A tight body is orgasmic! Feels so good. Commit to it. Commit. The commitment outweighs all doubt and temptation.

I am persevering. I’ve run a marathon, suffered long course triathlons. Loved it. I’ve done this before. Day by day, moment by moment, temptation by temptation, one foot in front of the next I will persevere and achieve my goal.

I’ve been hungry. I am hungry. The hunger should be easy to manage. Keep reminding myself that even when I used to indulge my hunger I was still hungry. Large serve, hungry, another large serve, hungry… Not so different to small serve, hungry, walk, hungry, rest, hungry, small serve.

Suffer it and let it wash over me, perhaps turn it up a little and change the way I react to it is all that is required.

One day at a time.

Food log. Count it.

Start deep. Get it happening. I know it goes against advice but I need it in my head and I’ve done it fast before. Embrace the hunger. Smash it early and hang on.

Replies

• Angelnrg
    Angelnrg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    29th June 2016 Day 2

New day. Expect this to be a bigger challenge than yesterday and get myself prepared for day 3 which I know is the day I can fall over.

Staying positive. Big walk/ run. The dogs could use it and so can I.

I’ve re-read the above and will every day. It makes sense. If it doesn’t I’ll change it. Not much to add yet. The hunger isn’t so bad, just a sensation which doesn’t equal real pain. Dealing with it and knowing it is good for me and making me stronger and healthier. Running a little lean feels so much better.

I need to think about dinner. I have a family to feed. I can cut back breakfast and lunch. Dinner is the meal I need to eat since there’s great social context in us sharing dinner together. Small serve for me but still a proper meal. I’ll decide what we eat tonight while I’m running.

I hope all my recent friend requests are being strong and making good choices today!