30 day shred for weight gain? Any other weight gain workouts?

Options
shibuyagoth
shibuyagoth Posts: 13 Member
Hello everyone,

I am not new to MFP, I previously was just trying to maintain a healthy weight but due to sickness I ended up becoming underweight. I am now back to a healthy weight of 9st 10lb's, and am 5ft 4.

I used to do the 30 day shred as a part of my other fitness regimes and noticed some weight gain on the scales.

I have started doing it again recently but am worried I will lose weight. I have an active job working in stock rooms and am on my feet all day. I take a 30-40 minute walk to work each day.

If there are any other exercises you would be able to recommend I would be grateful. I only own a set of 0.5kg-2.5kg.

For those who may not know, the 30 day shred is 30 mins of leg, chest, arms, abs and cardio workout.

Thanks!

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Have you been maintaining your weight for a while? To keep from losing you just need to eat back the exercise calories when you do the 30 DS - it averages 150-200 cals burned (depends on weight/height/age/effort etc).
  • shibuyagoth
    shibuyagoth Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Have you been maintaining your weight for a while? To keep from losing you just need to eat back the exercise calories when you do the 30 DS - it averages 150-200 cals burned (depends on weight/height/age/effort etc).

Thank you for your reply! I have been maintaining my weight for around 10-11 months now. I will make sure to eat back the calories!

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    As you've been maintaining nicely for a while then you are doing well, enjoy eating back those extra calories earned from the 30 DS. <3