Plateau

Options
Been stuck for three months within 2 lbs of 189. I have lost 105 lbs since April 2015 and since April 2016 I have been stuck. Need ideas on how to break this. I would like to lose 30 lbs.
4b1kweza3n84.jpg here is my after picture

Replies

• gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    27cbftfvchqa.jpg

before

• gawworthington
    gawworthington Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Would love some suggestions!
    Thank you
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success so far!

If you haven't lost any weight since April, then you are eating at maintenance and need to either eat less or move more.
    With 30 lbs left, set your goal to 1 lb per week. Weigh everything you possibly can on a food scale and be extra careful about the entries you choose in the database.

If you are willing to open your diary, you may be able to get more specific advice. But the short story is, you are eating maintenance.

Best of luck!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    I opened my diary and people told me to get a bit of protein at every meal.
    They also noticed I was not using a food scale.
    The idea that someone can peek keeps me accountable. Shocking how it works.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I agree with @kimny72. Adjust your calorie goal or move more. I haven't had much experience with a plateau since I really just started losing in the last couple of months. Weigh/measure and log everything.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome! My advice if you want to continue is to go through your goals, make sure they are suitable for your new weight, and start fresh with weighing/measuring again.

My bet is that either what used to be your weight loss goal has become maintenance or portion creep.

Good luck and congratulations again!
  • Nachise
    Nachise Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've been there and done that, OP. One thing that helped me to break a plateau was to decrease my daily calorie allowance by 100 for two weeks. It also kept me focused on the basics: weigh and measure my food, exercise, log, and drink water. If you stick to the basics, you don't have to go back to them.