Trying to loose 40 lbs in 6 weeks for my Wedding

Options

Replies

• VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend grabbing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shed... while you WILL NOT lose 30 pounds, it's your very best bet for losing inches really quickly
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    People generally have good results losing inches (so...looking better) with the 30 Day Shred video. Maybe start doing that every day.

This definitely. Do it every day and eat as clean as possible.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    With a tape worm infestation maybe, but seriously, you're looking at 10-15 pounds if that.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Not possible.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Thanks... I'll just go for whatever I can up until that day and keep it going!!!! :)

This is a beautiful attitude. You are lovely and are marrying the man you love. You already look great, so just focus on getting healthier and stronger and the rest will come. Enjoy your wedding day and all the best to you and your partner.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Not possible.
    I lol'd at your other answer...haha
  • notenoughspeed
    notenoughspeed Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    More like 15-18 pounds, max.
  • anvacarz_again
    Options
    Agree that you won't lose that much in 6 weeks (otherwise we'd ALL be 40 pounds lighter!) but you can def decrease your weight with some diet and exercise. Don't forget to incorporate a lot of arm workouts to bust out some sexy shoulders and triceps for that dress!!

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Let's assume you're okay with 30lbs. Let's assume that 10lbs of that is water weight.

That leaves at least 20lbs of fat you want to burn off or recomposition into muscle (because let's face it, being toned and fit at a size 12 is better than being a size 6 who gets winded climbing a flight of stairs).

Suppose it takes approximately 3500 calories of deficit (by diet or exercise) to burn/recomp a pound of fat.

20 pounds times 3500 calories is 70,000 calories in 6 weeks. 42 days. You'd need a deficit of over 1650 calories PER DAY, CONSTANTLY, to lose 20lbs of fat in 6 weeks.

Basically... all you get is a gallon of water and a multivitamin every day. Nothing else.
  • amyx593
    amyx593 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    depends on how much you have to lose! but probably not hun. just work your tail off in the coming weeks and don't worry about the numbers. you will look beautiful on your special day. congratulations!
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    15 at most, but you'll feel so good after that and close to your goal that you'll be happy, keep it up :wink:
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Go do some squats, deadlifts, and lunges; drink a gallon of water a day ANYWAY; and be happy in the knowledge that you're gonna get fit a day at a time, and the progress you make in a month is better than none at all.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you were 350+ pounds and cut everything drasticly and exercised your butt off... 4O pounds in 6 weeks is a lot of weight! Anyway I wish you luck in getting closer to your goal
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You could always have a leg removed. :laugh:

Honestly, do the best you can.... don't be disappointed.... and ENJOY your special day!!!!!!!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If you are holding onto about 5 lbs of water weight and you lose 2lbs/week I can see you losing 17lbs at the absolute most! But that isn't likely and you will probably lose closer to 1lb/wk and maybe 2-3 lbs water weight (9lbs at most) by that time.

The amount you want to lose is completely un-doable without chopping off a leg or something and obviously that isn't a smart move especially before your wedding. Other option is lipo *shrug* that is also not the greatest option.

I wish you the best in your weight loss but a more modest goal will be easier to obtain.
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I was able to drop 25 lbs in a month and a half, when I was around 190 lbs and not exercising, only changing my diet. I didn't drop any more after that for a while and got discouraged, but if I had just started working out, I would have continued losing, although most likely at a slower rate. You may not reach that exact goal but I'm sure you can get close enough to make you happy!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Should have started a long time ago, even doing the quickest method to lose fat losing 40lb would take 20 weeks minimum for 95% of people with a fully strict diet and proper exercise. Sorry but you should have started a LONG time ago. The most you are realistically going to lose is 10lb max I'm afraid. With all the stress etc it's almost inevitable that you will binge. Sorry :/
  • Bobbie8786
    Bobbie8786 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Atkins. I hate that diet with every fiber of my being but I have found it to be the quickest way to lose weight. I was never able to stay on it longer than 6 weeks but I lost 25 pounds in that 6 week period of time. Of course, I gained every single pound back within a couple of months of reentering the bliss filled world of carbs again.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Well your getting married so your man loves you how you are. 40 pounds is way to much to lose in 6 wks. You look good in your pic so I wouldn't go making your self sick or weak. Take it slow. And congrats on your wedding :-)
  • MrsCamp2013
    MrsCamp2013 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you stress out about how much you want to lose for the wedding, when you look at the pictures that is all you are going to think about. Instead, just keep working hard, don't set goals that you might not be able to reach, and enjoy your day!