Average Macros on Medifast

Nic_813
Nic_813 Posts: 21 Member
I'm curious what is the average to aim for. I was on this program and my doctor randomly asked me today about my advantage and I don't know. Any one out there know what is average for this plan?

Replies

• NAcetoLang
    NAcetoLang Posts: 517 Member
    Drat... I took a screenshot of someone's post here, where they suggested the answer to this, but can't give proper credit (I've been on plan just short of two weeks and it seems to be right)2dpv9hvo6mgm.png

Now let's see if I know how to post an image
  • Nic_813
    Thank you. I've googled this and haven't found a thing and my couch didn't have a clue either. This does seem about right. It is normally what I've been getting. I've been on plan a month.
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    I tend to be wary of any diet plan that suggests less than 1200 calories.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited July 2016
    Actually I've read that it is 800 to 1,000 calories a day.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/medifast-diet
    The program is so restrictive, I don't know how you could set your own macros. Pretty much just go by what they tell you that you can eat.
  • NAcetoLang
    NAcetoLang Posts: 517 Member
    illyich wrote: »
    I tend to be wary of any diet plan that suggests less than 1200 calories.

Hi Illyich! I was skeptical about such programs at first, as well... but I work with a coach and check in with my doctor regularly (as I hope our OP does), who has determined it will be good for me... If I follow the plan and stay in tune with my body. Also, there are well thought out plan modifications for those who need it.

The trick is doing the research, following the plan, and paying close attention to and understanding your own body. For example: Yesterday I did some extra walking and knew my body and mind would need additional fuel (from experience). I upped my protein a little and added a snack to compensate. I am still "on plan" and I feel great.
  • Nic_813
    My doctor suggested this program to me, so I under her supervision. Also, there are different phases to the plan. You don't stay at the low calorie range of 800-1000 throughout. The main goal is to develop a healthy relationship with food and to be in tuned with your body and know when to eat, not from boredom. It's a good plan to start your journey to health, especially if you need the added help.
  • s26lm8508
    s26lm8508 Posts: 1 Member
    OK Well I am trying medifast even though I do have Medical issues such as Crohns, thyroid issue and went through my changes. I also have herniated disc in my back from a car accident. My Dr are trying to correct my medication for my thyroid issue and menopause., I also quit smoking which has added weight on me as well. I am so very unhappy about this (not enough yet to go back to smoking) I started going to the gym with my daughter at 5:40 every morning for a 30 minute routing of walking / running. The only issue I will see with this diet is that I do enjoy having wine as I do collections and have a very stressful like and I do like to unwind that way with my boyfriend. Not every day but a few times a week. Lets see if this plan helps me lose 20lbs.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2020
    Nic_813 wrote: »
    My doctor suggested this program to me, so I under her supervision. Also, there are different phases to the plan. You don't stay at the low calorie range of 800-1000 throughout. The main goal is to develop a healthy relationship with food and to be in tuned with your body and know when to eat, not from boredom. It's a good plan to start your journey to health, especially if you need the added help.

Your doc suggested it, and you are seeing her frequently while eating that few calories?
    Developing a healthy relationship with food? I had a friend who was on it, she lost weight, but found it very restrictive. That doesn’t seem like developing a healthy relationship with food.

... and, as with so many people that lose weight, my friend gained it all back, and then some. Expensive too.
  • mtamashiro
    mtamashiro Posts: 14 Member
    I didn't know what Medifast was so I just googled it. "Multi-level marketing company" came up. :/
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    .....and no fruit? Healthy relationship with food?!!!!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    mjey9azfvsm4.jpg