7lbs lost the first 1.5 days counting cal?

Options
So I weigh in Sunday night when i decided to start this after a weekend of eating and drinking to the fullest. Now a 1.5 days later and a 1650 calories day yesterday and I am 7 lbs down. I also drank 100 oz of water yesterday.

Anyone else have immediate response like this? I am sure its just i was stuffed with food and water weight and todays weight it probably more accurate of a true start weight. Any thoughts?

Replies

• prcsac11
    prcsac11 Posts: 3
    Options
    I had a very large and fast drop the first week. I think it had a lot to do with our body shedding excess water that it was retaining due to the sodium levels of my old diet.
  • biggphatdaddy
    Options
    the monster 7 lb loss is cool, but I fear you're may be disappointed with the smaller future number...but congrats on deciding to start....I say you make the decision, I personally like a clean slate, I would start tomorrow morning with a fresh no questions weight....
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    Options
    the key......THE WATER!!!! You'd really be amazed at how much your body will retain when it doesn't think it's getting anymore. Therefore, the more you drink, the easier it is for your body to let it go...figuratively AND literally! :laugh:

Congrats on a successful first two days! Keep it up and you'll be there before you know it!
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I lost 7 pounds the first week I started and four of it was in the first day. When you start drinking more water each day it really helps flush everything out.

Some of it could be the time of day you weighed yourself too. I can fluctuate by as much as four pounds from morning to night.
  • TubOlard
    TubOlard Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    The same happened to me in the first week. I lost 12 lbs. in week one but it tapered off to a more normal 2 to 3 lbs. per week after that. I agree with everyone else here that I think most of it was water loss. I believe that is what happened to me. Way to go on your early success. Just make sure you stay consistent with you calorie tracking. My doctor told me that a 1 to 2 lb. weekly loss is normal and is best because you don't want to lose a whole lot more than that on a weekly basis. It didn't go on quickly and it stayed around. It won't come off quickly but in doing so should help you keep the weight off. Good luck!