Help with HEB whole wheat turkey wrap

Options
Saw this in store, looked like healthy choice, has one whole wheat tortilla, turkey, one slice of cheese, and a packet of mayo and mustard in the box. Just a normal size wrap. But it says it's 940 calories?? How is that possible??

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    That is s hard one. Depending on the size and ingredients, tortillas often have more calories than bread.
    Make a guess and move on. :)
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Subway's wrap, for example, has 310 calories for just the wrap - if you actually unwrap it, it's bigger than your face. Cheese is another maybe 100 calories, turkey is maybe 200 calories depending on the amount. Packet of mayo is 100. It can add up quickly.

If you're looking to make your own wraps, I love Ole Wellness wraps. Good size, high fiber, 50 calories. Ole Wellness
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    HEB has recently started selling nice prepackaged meals with a lean protein, veggie and complex carb for around 300 calories.
  • AngeloInTexas
    AngeloInTexas Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Must be the tortilla they are using then. Thanks for the info gang, I guess I'll spread that out over a few meals at that level of calories. Still is shocking that a wrap has more calories than a BIG MAC!!!!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Could be that label was wrong too.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options

HEB probably has other easy to pick up items that are less calorific.
    Do some "research" in the store or on their web site.
    (We don't have HEB where I am)