Healthy Family Meals?

andrea_nichol
andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
Does anyone have healthy recipes that are relatively easy and big enough for 2 adults 4 kids? My kids are only slightly picky - they know how to eat their vegetables. :)

Replies

• Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    www.skinnytaste.com
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Pasta and a beef ragu always goes down a treat, I use lean mince (drained after browning) and make my sauce with tinned tomatoes, mixed herbs, onions, mushrooms, garlic and a splash of balsamic vinegar and an beef oxo cube. Iv calculated that using 100g dry weight pasta my total portion comes in at around 600 cals. If the kids arent eating it I usually make it spicier with some chopped chilli. I make this at least twice a week, its very filling.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Last night I grilled some skirt steak and we had that with some brown rice and a sauteed veggie medley. I don't really mess around with actual recipes much during the week...we keep it pretty simple...we usually just have some kind of marinated or otherwise seasoned protein (usually on the grill) along with some kind of grain or starch (we eat a lot of quinoa, brown rice, potatoes, and sweet potatoes) and some kind of veg side (usually sauteed or roasted).

I get a little more adventurous on weekends...but no time for that stuff during the week.
  • JeffreyBurkhalter
    JeffreyBurkhalter Posts: 67 Member
    I like to grill Salmon and make a side of sautéed squash and zucchini (squash and zucchini spiraled or sliced, tblsp olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, garlic, onion, or shallots are also good in it). I'll snag one of those uncle bens microwave rice bags, let the kids eat it, but the wife and I stick to the salmon and veggies.
  • clmoores
    clmoores Posts: 1 Member
    Fish or chicken with broccoli salad and rice