Cutting out evening snacking

2»

Replies

• oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    I sometimes have a bad habit of snacking in the evening - usually in unhealthy stuff - but I'm trying to break that habit. Just brushed my teeth to deter any urge to snack. Any other tips for managing food cravings?

Do you snack out of habit, or boredom, or because you enjoy a little snack, or because you are hungry?

• beaglebrandon
    beaglebrandon Posts: 97 Member
    edited June 2016
    A large shrimp is only 20 calories. I can have a huge snack of 8-10 shrimp with a cocktail sauce made of a 50-50 ketchup/horseradish mix, and it's less than 250 calories and fills me up.

I do this like once a week. You can't make snacking a habit - or it's much harder to lose weight. You have to learn self control. Think about the snack this way: I've been good all day. Without that snack, I'll lose 4 more pounds this month. WITH this snack, I won't lose those 4 pounds.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,116 Member
    You can make snacking a habit if you fit the snacks into your calorie goal.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Dinner at 6pm, pre-planned snack at 8pm. Also, make sure your overall deficit is appropriate. Having too big of an overall deficit can lead to urges to eat at unplanned times or eat more you'd planned.