Tuna Recipes - HELP!

Options
BldHny2002
BldHny2002 Posts: 193 Member
I gotta find a way to keep tuna exciting!
My old go-to post workout snack is a can of tuna (in water, drained) with some mustard. Deeeeeeelicious.
Been outta the gym for a while due to a car accident and some injuries with that, and now I'm going to try to get back to my old lifestyle.
Trying to avoid carbs and sugars this time around, but not opposed to them! I was gonna try a tuna melt, but breads and unknown overall health of it doesn't seem too good.

Got any great tuna ideas?
Hit me up with all your cans of yum, dudes!

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I like satay-style tuna: Add 12 grams PB2 dry peanut butter and a couple of shakes of ponzu sauce to a can of tuna. Great by itself, or mixed in with shredded napa cabbage or shredded broccoli for Asian tuna slaw; or add at the last minute to stir-fry veggies
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love tuna cakes. Crab cake style, and with some kind of spicy or herbed mayo.
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Tuna, hard boiled egg, chopped onion and tomato, fat free mayo, mustard, celery, salt and pepper.
    Add sliced pickles and, a slice of cheese

Ezekiel bread is low carb and good toasted.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I like adding a little light mayo, sriracha and a drop or two of sesame oil right now. It is delicious with nori wraps and veggies or rice bowl full of veggies or on cucumber slices. Add sesame seeds to garnish.

I like Skinnytaste's tuna ceviche. Really good! skinnytaste.com/canned-tuna-ceviche/

Or this Italian style salad with olives and tomatoes. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/03/tuna-salad-puttanesca-style.html
  • marmatune
    marmatune Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Try this: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/tuna_white_bean_salad.html
    It's super satisfying, and delicious.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Tuna bolognese (bolognese with tuna instead of minced meat) with pasta or spiralized zucchini mmmm
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    A while back someone asked this and one of the suggestions (which is now my favorite!) is a can of tuna, a small avocado and a hard boiled egg chopped up and mixed together, add seasoning to your liking. Great alone or on bread.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I love tuna cakes. Crab cake style, and with some kind of spicy or herbed mayo.

I need that recipe
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Raw tuna sashimi if you can find it. One of my favorites!
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Living in Korea, I've also found that canned tuna goes well with kimchi.
  • suska007
    suska007 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    These Spicy Tuna Cakes are absolutely amazing!

http://nomnompaleo.com/post/91332244628/spicy-tuna-cakes
  • JoenDeb1958
    JoenDeb1958 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Bldhny2002

Love my tuna
    I make a tuna salad with two cans of water packed tuna a tablespoon and a half of mayo ,chopped onions, dill relish I use 4 celery stalks instead of bread.
  • realcalm
    realcalm Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Try this . . .

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1980/05/29/the-ultimate-tuna-fish-recipe/be45d17d-c22d-43da-a128-3f35cd6bb528/

I made this dish back in 1980 when this article appeared in the post. Ha! Googling "beige et noir" pulled it right up. Gotta love the Internet.
  • ladydy911
    ladydy911 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I mix hummus, red onion and celery and chopped dill pickle with my tuna. It is delish.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for a way to serve the tuna without bread, you can make a boat out of a cucumber and fill it with tuna. That's one of the actually good tips Dr. Oz had.

I tend to eat tuna the same way as you, just drained with mustard. They do make these nice flavored "to-go" pouches now. I really like the ranch one.
  • berolcolour
    berolcolour Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Tuna bean salad and tuna Greek salad are two of my go-to tuna recipes

Greek:
    Tuna, feta, cherry tomato, olives, cucumber (and red pepper, avocado)

Bean:
    Tuna, kidney beans, butterbeans, cherry tomato, red pepper, chives/spring onion (and cucumber, avocado, olives, basically whatever I can find - anything from either can be mixed together!)

Sometimes with hard boiled egg too. I make a dressing out of a little olive oil, mustard and balsamic vinegar.
  • inezbruce
    inezbruce Posts: 110 Member
    Options

fried onion, garlic, chili and ginger, soy sauce and tuna.
    so nice.