I need a chinese Recipe

Options
jnkreis
jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
I am constantly looking for good chinese food that I can cook at home. I am generally not a big rice and pasta eater thank goodness, I just like the "goop" that goes on top. I love Sesame Chicken, ro General Tso Chicken, but I can't get the flavoring right etc. I also LOVE Beef with Chinese mixed Veggies. I just cannot get the sauce right. I have even searched the web, and found nothing. ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!! Thanks!

Replies

• jnkreis
    Options
    I am constantly looking for good chinese food that I can cook at home. I am generally not a big rice and pasta eater thank goodness, I just like the "goop" that goes on top. I love Sesame Chicken, ro General Tso Chicken, but I can't get the flavoring right etc. I also LOVE Beef with Chinese mixed Veggies. I just cannot get the sauce right. I have even searched the web, and found nothing. ANY HELP WOULD BE AWESOME!! Thanks!
  • enkcott
    enkcott Posts: 29
    Options
    Beef Satay with Peanut Sauce

You could certainly do this without the rice.

Also check out
    http://www.cookinglight.com/cooking/

on this page there is a listing for super fast asian meals!

Ingredients
    1 (3 1/2-ounce) bag boil-in-bag long-grain rice
    1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
    2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Cooking spray
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    2 tablespoons light coconut milk
    1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
    1 1/2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
    1 teaspoon sugar
    1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
    1/2 teaspoon red curry paste

Preparation
    Preheat broiler.
    Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain; cover and keep warm.

Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Combine steak and hoisin in a bowl; toss to coat. Thread steak onto each of 8 (8-inch) skewers; sprinkle evenly with salt. Place skewers on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Sprinkle skewers with cilantro.

Combine coconut milk and remaining ingredients in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Serve with skewers and rice.

Yield
    4 servings (serving size: 2 skewers, 1/2 cup rice, and about 1 tablespoon peanut sauce)

Nutritional Information
    CALORIES 306(28% from fat); FAT 9.4g (sat 3.4g,mono 3.8g,poly 1.2g); PROTEIN 27.6g; CHOLESTEROL 37mg; CALCIUM 30mg; SODIUM 503mg; FIBER 1g; IRON 2.8mg; CARBOHYDRATE 26.4g
  • strongmom
    strongmom Posts: 72
    Options
    I just made sesame beef last night, but I added green beans to it. Found it on www. recipeezaar.com
    you can search for recipes based on calories, its really nice.
    Let me find the link to the recipe for you....
  • jnkreis
    Options
    Thanks so much...this is a great site...now I just need to figure out where to buy some of these ingredients! Thanks again
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    This is in the mfp archives and I posted the kung pao chicken recipe and it came out wonderful. I have made this many times now and love it. Sometimes I vary the veggies and things in there but the base is always the same ummmmm sooooooooo goood http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/5484-healthy-hinese-recipes?hl=chinese+food#posts-36588