Minute miles vs. Kph??

Options
I am slowly getting back into jogging. I have a gamin that calculates running in minute miles. How can I enter this in mfp? I type in jogging or running as my activity but it displays in kph. Do I have to convert my speed every time? I would like to just be able to type into mfp that I jogged for 100 minutes at an average speed of 11 minute miles.... thanks.

Replies

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    @needfit4fun You never stated what Garmin device you have. You should be able to go into the settings menu and change the units from miles to kilometers and the Garmin should then give you the data in Kph.
    I believe MFP has MPH and KPH. You just have to search for them a little more.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Just link Garmin Connect to MFP and let the IT sort it out for you
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Here's a calculator that you can use to work out speed and time based on the pace it gives you. coolrunning.com/engine/4/4_1/96.shtml
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Options

That might be broken, I can't get it to work (my new FR230 does steps, so I tried to link them)

Link GC to Strava, link Strava to MFP. That works. There are some others that work too.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    scorpio516 wrote: »

That might be broken, I can't get it to work (my new FR230 does steps, so I tried to link them)

It worked for my Forerunner on Saturday and Sunday of last week, and my VivoSmart HR last night for two different sessions in the gym; bike and dreadmill.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You can also go into your MFP settings and "change units" you may have inadvertently selected metric.
  • needfit4fun
    needfit4fun Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was able to change is under my settings! I have a garmin forerunner 15, it doesn't have Bluetooth :(
    Thanks very much!