Where are my 5"4 ladies at??

Options

Replies

• eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    jmidd97 wrote: »
    I'm not really sure. I'm 5'3-5'4, and currently 113lbs. I thought I'd be done by now, but my bf percentage is still too high, so I'm still going. Maybe to 105, then work on muscle gain.
    Good luck everyone!

I'm surprised 113 is high for you! That makes me nervous my goal is too high now
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    ErinSot wrote: »
    I'm not really sure. I'm 5'3-5'4, and currently 113lbs. I thought I'd be done by now, but my bf percentage is still too high, so I'm still going. Maybe to 105, then work on muscle gain.
    Good luck everyone!

I'm surprised 113 is high for you! That makes me nervous my goal is too high now

It all depends upon your body type, level of muscle, and personal preference. I lift weights, so I am muscular, but I also have a very small frame. Plus I carry my weight in my midsection. And I want abs. So, for me, 120 is still higher than I want to be, but another woman might be thrilled with it. A woman who is pear-shaped might even consider herself too thin at this size.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", now 134. I haven't been under 135 since maybe grade school. My college weight (while rowing/running) was 135 and I've stayed 135-138 since then.

I am happy at this weight but want to get leaner, if I can. I have never lifted before 3 mo ago, so this is new territory for me. I can't imagine getting much lighter, mostly bc I never have been, so I guess 130-135 is my goal. I'm still eating at a small deficit, so I may lose a few more lbs, very slowly.

I'm solidly a US size 4, with the occasional 2, but I wouldn't mind dropping a size and being more muscular.

@emmabrewster519 , congrats! I had my 4th last August.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    5'4", started at 262. Stopped at 190 to maintain during a pregnancy. I'm now 23 weeks, and have put on 5-7lbs depending on the day lol. I don't have a goal weight, but more a look I have in mind. At 140 I plan to maintain for a bit, and then start a recomp.
  • codename_steve
    codename_steve Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Also 5'4", started at 150, currently 127, goal 118-122. My main reason for this goal is running. I'm currently training for my second full marathon, and would love to someday qualify to run the Boston marathon. Based on lots of online research/calculations 120-123 and 18% BF should be my ideal for racing. So that's what I'm aiming for and I'll adjust as I go!
  • jo_nz
    jo_nz Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and just recently started at 150.

Ordinarily I would say I was sitting around 140 but after an injury last year I didn't adapt my eating to an extremely sedentary lifestyle, and just now feel up to working on it.
    I'd like to get to 130, possibly with 125 as an ultimate goal (will just work towards the 130 for now and see).
  • NancyCaz61
    NancyCaz61 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4.5" and up until 4 years ago I had always been 125lbs
  • eringrace95_
    eringrace95_ Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!

It all depends upon your body type, level of muscle, and personal preference. I lift weights, so I am muscular, but I also have a very small frame. Plus I carry my weight in my midsection. And I want abs. So, for me, 120 is still higher than I want to be, but another woman might be thrilled with it. A woman who is pear-shaped might even consider herself too thin at this size.

Good point :)
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone!

As a pear, yes! I could lose more from my lower half, but my ribs and sternum are already looking way too prominent at 134 (having no boobs doesn't help either). When I move my arms in a bikini there are bony knobs and bits I've never seen before showing. Kinda freaks me out . Of course my weight comes off more quickly from my top half...so ten or 15 more pounds off might be too much for me personally , unless it magically only came off my thighs (one can dream!).
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Also a 5'3.75 here, I started at 173lbs. Currently 135 lbs and I am happy right here but looking to 130 and maybe 120 if the body fat % goes down and lean muscle mass goes up. Now with me at 135lbs I don't have bra bulge, or muffin top, my legs don't chaf or rub together and my collarbones and hip bones are prominent. That to me is when I feel good, no matter the number. Lowest previous was 130 and I didn't look good because despite being "thin" I didn't have any muscles to give me shape.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Highest recorded weight of 178, but started here at 163. I cut down to 128, then purposely bulked (for the muscle gains) to 144. I've only been able to cut back down to 140 (my current profile pic). I'd like to get to about 133.
  • arditarose
    Options
    mamafazz wrote: »
    I am 5'4 and cannot lose any weight on 1300 calories, maybe I am not accurately logging (I know, I know), but just wondering what calorie goals the 5'4 ladies are using. BTW I am 40 years old, 133lbs, exercise cardio and weight training 4-6 days per week. I have a lower belly pouch and saddlebags I need to lose ( and yes I know, you cannot spot reduce).

I need to be at a very accurate 1500-1600 calories to lose. I'm 140, lightly active, heavy weight train 4x per week, average 12-14k steps, no cardio.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Nnsando wrote: »
    I'm 5'4" started 200, down 23. Goal is 135. Seeing everyone's goal is lower than that, being the same height, hmm maybe I should rethink it. I do a lot of weight lifting though.

If you lift a lot you might not need to go so low. I was really thin/slim at 128.
  • Nnsando
    Nnsando Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    @arditarose, thanks, I was thinking the same. In my early 20's I was super thin, and when I look back at those pictures, I never want to do that again. I never weighed myself, so I'm unsure what my weight was then. I try not obsess with scale when my goal is muscle, it's hard sometimes though.

• emmabrewster519
    emmabrewster519 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    @grandcica27 did you find it harder to keep weight off since having baby number 4? I don't know whether it's because I'm now 34 but I can't eat like I used to. I've been finding this app amazing and wish I did it sooner. I've been finding it easy to stick to my calorie intake without going over. Are you supposed to eat back what you burn during exercise?
  • BlueberryWatermelon
    BlueberryWatermelon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    5'4.5 here. Starting weight 140, current weight 132, goal weight 120.

I'm mostly working on fat loss right now. Once I get into the 120-125 range, I'd like to start some kind of resistance training program to build muscle. I don't have a gym membership right now (I might get one in the fall), so my exercise comes from running, biking, and doing the 30 Day Shred.

The biggest hurdle for me is that my loss is super slow, and I get impatient and de-motivated. But I'm trying my best to keep going... :)
  • arditarose
    Options
    Nnsando wrote: »
    @arditarose, thanks, I was thinking the same. In my early 20's I was super thin, and when I look back at those pictures, I never want to do that again. I never weighed myself, so I'm unsure what my weight was then. I try not obsess with scale when my goal is muscle, it's hard sometimes though.

Trust me. I understand this. I'm at the point where I'm lean enough that 3 lbs can make a huge difference and literally take me like 3 months to lose lol
  • bakemma
    bakemma Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    CW 185
    GW 140/145

May change reevaluate at 150, but for now that is my goal.
  • shellyb17
    shellyb17 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, I started my get fit journey around 9 years ago at 200+ lbs, lowest recorded weight was 130, about 3 years ago. I am now at 145 but am trying to get back down to about 135.