New friends - low carbers welcome!! Reverse prediabetes

Options
dbhDeb
dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
I'm living and loving a low carb high fat WOE and subscribe to Tim Noakes Real Meal Revolution principles. Would love fellow low carbers. I'm 50, have my first grandbaby on the way anyday, love to read, walk/run, cook, spend time with friends & family. I'm working to reverse prediabetes and improve my lung function from a recent illness.

Replies

• jessiethe3rd
    jessiethe3rd Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You look great for 50. I'll join you.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome @ZDeb16. Congrats on finding something that you enjoy. To that end, I suggest you check out the main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of Ketfiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • dbhDeb
    dbhDeb Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • julierothn6
    julierothn6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If you can get on Herbalife! You will be amazed how just one shake a day and planned well nutrition meals will get you out of the pre diabetes zone! I'm type2 and almost off insulin! I will never go without Herbalife!
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hi
    You can most likely reverse course and go from PreDiabetes to No problem that way at all.
    I went from a A1C 0.1 under what is considered Diabetes to a normal A1C with a huge change in what I ate. I used to eat lots of sweets and Pastries and The amount of Sugar I put on my cereal when I did eat cereal was huge. OTOH I also used a lot of salt and for my cereal I used Light cream or Heavy cream instead of milk. For my cereal now I use 1% milk and sweetener instead. Instead of lots of Sugar on my oatmeal I use the reduced sugar Oatmeal too.

Good Luck
    Roger