Make me stick with it

Options
2»

Replies

• KatieAnnONeill
    KatieAnnONeill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love to swim! But we lack rec pools around here. :/
    We live on 20 acres so I find peace in taking care of the property and tending to all the animals we have. My home is my happy place as far as stress goes. Sleep is a problem though, but I think that comes with the territory of graveyard shifts...
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    We live on 20 acres so I find peace in taking care of the property and tending to all the animals we have. My home is my happy place as far as stress goes. Sleep is a problem though, but I think that comes with the territory of graveyard shifts...

You probably already know this, but earplugs, blackout curtains, and a running fan! You can also try melatonin (that worked for my husband, also a cop, but not so much for me.)
  • jaelynsmith
    jaelynsmith Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I wrote you a message and sent you a FR
    :smile: hope you don't mind <3 I need the extra motivation to make me stick with it, too
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options

Then just put your focus here first. Don't worry about the gym. If you dread it, you won't get the benefits from it. Given your job taking care of your mental health and sleep needs is the priority. Slowly make dietary changes by just eating less of the food you do now. Substitute healthier items occasionally and be patient. Your tastes may change but if not, once you start eating less you realize you didn't need as much you previously were eating.
  • KatieAnnONeill
    KatieAnnONeill Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296, oh I've got the cave bedroom down! It's dark dark dark in there haha! I've tried melatonin and it doesn't help much. Falling asleep is easy, staying asleep is not. I have a very active mind so I'm always dreaming these crazy dreams, so sleep quality isn't there either. I've been like that my entire life...

@BZAH10, I've started exactly what you said :smile: it's super easy to eat right on days I work because I'm in a routine but my off days are still all willy nilly so I have good and bad but I'm thinking if I go back to tracking my food on here it'll help me be a lot more conscious of what I'm eating
  • shawnteldardenyahoocom374
    Options
    Feel free to add me