What in your diet are you willing to give up for the rest of your life?

Options

Replies

• lauraesh0384
    lauraesh0384 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't restrict a dang thing. If I want cake, I'll eat cake. I work anything into my calories, including junk food. The only thing I don't really eat is pizza, but that's only because I'm not a big pizza person. I'll eat a single serving pizza here and there, but that's about it.
  • kermax39
    kermax39 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I havent given anything up that I really love but there are some things I used to eat that iv found just arent worth the calories.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Nothing that I can think of. I just eat less of what I usually eat.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Gluten and milk because I am a celiac and milk just hurts... and it's kinda gross too.

I have almost given up all sugars and grains. Almost. It's pretty limited. I do that for my health. I feel so much better eating very limited sugar and grains that I don't want to eat them frequently. So not worth it.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    afatpersonwholikesfood Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I was trying to think of a food that I hate so that I could leave a funny comment, but then I realized I pretty much would like to eat everything. :(
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    JenHuedy wrote: »
    Low-quality baked goods.

If I'm going to eat a cookie, donut or a cupcake it's going to be a yummy homemade or gourmet goodie. Not some dried out grocery store sugar bomb or tasteless box mix waste of calories.

Same goes for chocolate.

This exactly. Can't be bothered with low quality high calorie stuff anymore.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I'm 3/4 of the way to my goal weight and I haven't "given up" anything I liked. I definitely don't intend to start giving things up now. I just eat smaller portions or schedule treats for a long run day.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Marmite but only cause it's icky.
  • louisepaul16
    louisepaul16 Posts: 261 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    When all my weight is off, I am not going to rule anything out, but I actually like how I'm eating right now. I feel better and am far less hungry than I used to be (not right at this moment....at this moment I am starving lol, but that is a rare occasion!) so I can't see myself changing much how I eat, even when the weight is off. ☺️

**edit: I also agree with the people who have said about crappy baked goods. If I want a treat it will be a treat! Good quality, very occasional, and tasty as heck!
  • fr33sia12
    fr33sia12 Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    To me getting to a healthy weight is more important than eating the food that caused me to be overweight in the first place. I couldn't say I would give up certain foods for life, but I certainly intend to give it up most of my life. That includes sugary sweet foods like chocolate, cakes, biscuits, most meat except fish, alcohol, pizzas and other takeaway foods, in general what I consider to be junk food. Instead I will pick healthier choices as I am doing now and absolutely loving it.
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Anything with Chicory root in it because the ensuing explosive flatulence is a global warming hazard! :p
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Nothing. The only thing I did give up was drinking as much as I used to. Every so often I'll either have a beer, or 2 hard drinks (but I didnt give it up for diet reasons).

What I did give up with my diet was not eating almost all day, then waiting to eat a ton of food at dinner to the point that it was hard to walk because I felt so full.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Agreement here.
    1) If I'm going in on chocolate or baked goods, it's gotta be good, nothing just meh. I only eat things I like.
    2) While there's nothing I've cut forever, some things are just not worth it to me (ice cream, doughnuts), and some things I routinely substitute (e.g. if I'm making a dish with rice or pasta for the fam, I'll eat mine on spinach, mostly because I like it that way but it also helps my macros).
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I make the tastiest apple crisp, so no! Life is too damn short!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I haven't truly given up anything. However, I have cut back on a few things, like red wine. I used to drink a glass a day, now I have it maybe once a month or less, and it's more of a treat. Otherwise, I use real sugar, real cream in my coffee, I eat bread and bacon. If I want something, I'll work things out so I can have it and still stay within goals.

One of my favorite quotes: "I don't diet. I just eat according to my goals."
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Tasteless, overcooked food, bad quality cakes. Bad take aways. Everything else in moderation.
  • Alarae21
    Alarae21 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Nothing. I have chocolate every day. Every time there is a birthday at work, there is cake. If it's a milestone birthday, work buys in pizza. I'm partaking in that free delicious food!

There are things I crave less though. Carbs in general such as chips, crisps etc. Chocolate I only eat in small quantities, whereas before I would ravage a whole large bar.

I also don't really drink soft drinks at all. Or alcohol. I mainly stick to water. Before, I would always drink full fat coke. Now I don't even like to drink much of it because I can taste the high sugar content.

One thing I will never say no to however is ice cream man ice cream. Mmmm... Mr Whippy with flake..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I cut drink calories. Most sweetened drinks are just way too sweet for me now and alcohol isn't worth the calories so I haven't had any in 2 years.

That's pretty much it. Well, fast food honestly has completely lost its appeal to me as well, as well as some 'junk' food.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Nothing, ever again. I gave up all gluten products thanx to Celiac, that is hell enough, and tends to eliminate many of the yummier things that used to sabotage my efforts.