Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

kale recipes

mbtaylor014165
mbtaylor014165 Posts: 1 Member
so I have been looking for good way to use kale in smoothies and food !?

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    tumblr_mw9yvnuZmK1qdqyxho1_1280.jpg

tumblr_noanbzZbam1rv5qkqo1_500.jpg

img_2345.jpg
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited June 2016
    If you're eating it raw in a salad, it doesn't taste right unless you massage it first and let it sit. Massaged kale

For a cooked dish, my family and friends love this African Peanut Stew and it freezes wonderfully for batch cooking. I swap the collard greens for kale, depending on what's easier to find at the time.

Kale fritters are really good too, or you can always use extra kale in a pesto, mixed in your pasta, omelettes, casseroles, etc.

I sometimes make a turkey sweet potato chili and add kale into that when I want to use it up. Another great one for freezing.
  • SmokerOfDoobies
    SmokerOfDoobies Posts: 10 Member
    This recipe is amazing.... Everyone in my family loves it. It makes a small batch ... Or maybe it seems small to me because its always gone the same night I make it. Smoked sausage kale and potato soup.

http://diethood.com/smoked-sausage-kale-and-potato-soup/

I also like to saute it with whatever other vegi's I happen to have. Add it to rice and chicken with light balsamic vinaigrette.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Kale chips!!!! . I LOVE them, and I have several friends whose teenage children who will not eat ANYTHING remotely healthy can go through 2 lbs of kale worth of chips in one sitting.
    It's easy:
    * REMOVE RIBS --cut out the ribs and set aside (I add these to stir fries)
    * RINSE & DRAIN -- keeping the remaining leaves in as large of pieces as possible, rinse very well, and drain. They have a tendency to crumble when dry, so I try to keep the pieces as big as possible at this stage, knowing they'll break apart later in the process.
    * COOKIE SHEET-- Cover a cookie sheet generously with no-stick cooking spray, and arrange kale pieces on sheet. It's OK if they still have water clinging to leaves (helps the spices adhere)
    * SEASON-- here's the fun part: get creative and season the heck out of 'em! My favorite combinations are garlic powder and Tajin chile-lime seasoning, and garlic powder and curry spices. A friend of mine likes ranch seasoning packets; and another one does dried peanut butter and chile powder
    * DRY IN LOW OVEN:--bake in a 200-degree oven until completely dry (~60 - 90 minutes or so) I usually set my timer in 30 minute increments so I don't forget and leave them in the oven overnight (yes, I've done it :wink: )
    * STORE: place in plastic storage bags, being careful not to crush them when removing from cookie sheet.
    * ENJOY!

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    I love this recipe and change up the vinegar. So easy and so good. I use a lot of red pepper as I like things spicy.

http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/12874-sauteed-kale
  • suska007
    suska007 Posts: 20 Member
    My favorite Greek Kale Salad

1 bunch kale, ribs removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
    2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
    1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
    1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
    Juice of 1 lemon
    Sea salt and pepper, to taste

Add everything to a gallon ziplock bag. Remove most of the air. Massage kale with for 10 minutes. Refrigerate overnight. It must be massaged and rest overnight.