Get Fit 2016 - Accountability Group

Options
megris
megris Posts: 2 Member
Alright! Let's keep each other motivated to stay on track with our goals. Feel free to post here introducing yourself, what is your main motivator for sticking to it and some of your short and long term goals (ex: stop drinking soda/walk everyday to weightloss/healthy eating/exercise/general well being)

Replies

• megris
    megris Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey all, so I am married with spoiled cat and 2 very active dogs. Having a desk job, my biggest challenges are increasing my activity level and working towards reduced snacking. My goals are to try to get my weight back down, committing to some sort of exercise ½ hour every day and to focus on healthy clean meal preps.
  • jennau1
    jennau1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! My weight loss & fitness motivation comes from my struggle with infertility. There are a lot of complications between my husband and I that we have no control over but our lifestyle is one that we can control. We have been on a healthier journey for one month now, by eating low carb & finding activities we both enjoy.
    Specific goals are:
    To stay within our nutritional goals at least six days a week.
    To get in an extra 150 minutes of activity a week.
    To lower insulin resistance
    & To lose weight
  • EsdeathFarron
    EsdeathFarron Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Basically there's no reason for me not to. I have no job so I have lots of free time. I also do want to be in a place where I at least look thinner and am not lingering on the borderline between a healthy weight and being overweight anymore. I need something to worry about, in other words. *lol* My long term goal is to hit 125 pounds (we recently decided to raise it from 120 over health concerns from my boyfriend, and frankly that'll make my job a smidgen easier). I keep trying to remind myself of what I'm working for; both muscle building and weight loss at this point, but I must admit I decided to make today a cheat day where I eat whatever I want. It'll still at least end up being less in calories than several previous cheat days.

As for short term, the original plan was to only have cheat days on special occasions like holidays and birthdays, but I was feeling kind of crappy earlier and decided to completely blow off the gym and self indulge. At least I'll be more motivated to hit the gym tomorrow. *lol* I also want to at least be burning the minimum half a pound a week, but given the cheat day and the fact that I've walked so much (just got a FitBit a week ago) that my legs hurt like hell and I've had to call off extra walking for a couple of days, we'll see how my weight in goes on Sunday. I also have tried to control my sodium and sugar with general success but for the occasional overage.

Good luck to us all!