Breakfast ideas?

Options
I'm trying to eat less carbs by not eating bread, pasta or rice. Usually in the morning I will have oatmeal with a banana or a slice of bread with Sun butter and a banana on top. And of course eggs with a slice of bread with cream cheese. But since I'm cutting bread out I'm at a loss as to what I can make that's quick, easy and low carb. :( As you can tell I'm not someone who's savvy in the kitchen. Lol.

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt! with fruit. You will still have some carbs, of course, since fruit and yogurt (even plain) have plenty of natural sugars which are carbs. But you won't have bread. I love a plain greek yogurt (whole fat so it's nice and filling) with berries on top and a little cinnamon.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    If you have 2 minutes, crustless quiche/egg bake/egg muffins all made and warmed up that morning. Hard boiled eggs, pre-cooked bacon and sausages (to be warmed).

If you have a few more minutes, cut and saute veggies ahead of time and then throw them in a scramble or omelette.

Lastly, you don't need traditional "breakfast" foods to eat. Some of my absolute favorite breakfast meals are burgers, soup, and meatballs - all of which I've cooked on weekends.
  • AnnieWilliams4
    AnnieWilliams4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would ask first why you would follow the plan ..weight loss ..medical heart related etc. then I may try to help
    first see my profile and then I'll come back and look you need to know me and if you want advice I don't like giving advice without understanding the person but some fruits are bad.. of course all grains and all processed food