What do you think of this swimsuit?

NYCNika
NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
http://www.bcbg.com/Halter-Crochet-Monokini/7MA17013-710,default,pd.html?dwvar_7MA17013-710_color=710&cgid=&navid=search#q=crochet&start=6

I just bought my second swimsuit in a month. Without trying it on, online.

I thought that the gold crochet style is hot. What do you think?

It has that zoom thing, so I can't post the picture into this post.

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    meh
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    doesn't crochet material sag when wet? looks like it's pretty for sitting around near the beach, but not actually swimming!

if you like it, get it! and rock it.
  • Faery_Dust
    Faery_Dust Posts: 246 Member
    It looks amazing on that model but would look daft on me lol. What material is it? It doesn't look like it would cope well with much sea and sand. But based on looks I quite like it.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    It's pretty, but I'd want to try it on first. The knit is going to be prone to stretching, so if you get the wrong size (too small), it's not going to look good. (IMO)
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    It's pretty, but I'd want to try it on first. The knit is going to be prone to stretching, so if you get the wrong size (too small), it's not going to look good. (IMO)

I assume I can return it if it does not fit.
    But they only had one size available - S. Since I now wear 2-4, I think S should be a fairly safe choice.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    I think it is cute but not really for swimming and you would definitely need loads of sunscreen
  • kawickham85
    kawickham85 Posts: 62 Member
    i think it's ugly and impractical. sorry.
  • Sorry but it looks like an expensive potato sack.
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Not really a fan. It might be cute with a sarong for a poolside or beach party. I cant see that being my go-to bathing suit though. And yes, those tan lines might not be what you really want.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Ugly.

$108?

Uglier
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    I suspect the lable is why it's high priced, can you find a knockoff somewhere?
    Maybe search Pinterest? Cute suit and I do like that designer myself. I have a
    few things here by them. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    I love it. if they had a mens style of that, I'd but it. I adore crochet looking cloths.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    I dont like it... but if you feel sexy in it....
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    I like the front but the back is a little too full-coverage for my tastes. I liked the black version better.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    I like it, and more...I'd LOVE to have it because it has coverage like a one-piece without being quite so one-piecy!! While I'm in no shape to wear that in "public", I'd totally wear it in my backyard to sunbath in, without being so embarrassed that my neighbors might be blinded by the sight of me in a real bikini! :wink:

That being said: Available sizes - Small
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    seems pretty impractical, as someone else said. not easy to put on/take off...and happy tan line-ing!
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Ugly.

$108?

Uglier

Sorry, but I have to agree. $108?!?
  • IronMikeFox
    IronMikeFox Posts: 458
    I guess I'm the odd one out. I think it looks totally hot! I wish my wife would buy something like that rather than the granny suits she gets! :laugh:
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    I really like it. I actually own something similar in black...but I DEFINITELY did NOT pay 108 dollars for it.

tumblr_mhvlo0bx9u1qcmny4o1_500.gif
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    it's very cute.

But holy cow check out the photoshop job on the thigh gap of the model in the pic with the black heels. Zoom in on that FAKE mess lol.