Detox Ideas

Options
Hey guys! I would like to do at least a three day detox to really jump start my weight loss. Does anyone knows of a good detox?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother. At best they're a waste of time. At worst, they can compromise your health.

Weight loss doesn't require a "jump start." If you haven't already, enter your goals and stats into MFP and start logging.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't bother. At best they're a waste of time. At worst, they can compromise your health.

Weight loss doesn't require a "jump start." If you haven't already, enter your goals and stats into MFP and start logging.

This^^ end thread
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Not needed and rather pointless. Any weight you'd lose with it, is mostly water weight. Your body doesn't need a detox, that is what your liver and kidneys are for. If they are not working properly, you need a hospital not a detox.
  • JaneSnowe
    JaneSnowe Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Your kidneys and liver already do a fantastic job of "detoxing" you! Be wary of any product that claims to remove toxins or jump start weight loss. The only thing they'll do is lighten your wallet. ;)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    Just starting eating at a deficit right now. No need to detox anything.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Taco Bell.

Detoxes are nonsense.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    msanc095 wrote: »
    Hey guys! I would like to do at least a three day detox to really jump start my weight loss. Does anyone knows of a good detox?

There's no "detox" product that is actually going to do anything for you as far as "cleaning" stuff out of your body.

But if it's a matter of needing a little mental kick to get going, planning a few days of whole, nutritious foods to help develop new longterm habits could be helpful. If you tend to eat a lot of prepackaged boxed foods or fast foods, simply switching up your diet can give you a good jump from losing the water weight associated with higher sodium intakes, and from the increased fiber in a lot of whole foods. Drinking water can also help.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    msanc095 wrote: »

If you want a "jumpstart" can I suggest something instead of one of these ridiculous detoxes? What about setting yourself a challenge to, for instance, include veggies with every meal, or track your protein and try to hit enough every day, or work on eating all the colors of the rainbow every day (without using skittles), or something like that. It will help to set up much better long-term habits and won't waste your time or money.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    Detox!

dv8yaqjoxz0x.gif

Awesome