I struggle with what to eat

Options
vjirons
vjirons Posts: 27 Member
I need some help with what to eat. I find its like a battle. I want to change my lifestyle rather than just being on a diet. Any meal ideas?

Replies

• diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    That's a pretty big question. Any ideas on what you like or what your goals are?

I tried to make a list of foods here, but it didn't go very well: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10190957/help-what-can-i-eat/p1
  • vjirons
    vjirons Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yeah you're right I eat most things apart from pork and I'm trying to cut down on red meat.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Skinnytaste.com blog- sooo many good recipes and ideas
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Do you cook most of your own meals or are you looking for premade options?

If you cook, I'd suggest browsing through some recipe sites (including the recipe forum on MFP) to find recipes with nutritional info included that appeal to you.

eatingwell.com, skinnytaste.com, cookinglight.com are pretty good reduced calorie recipe websites. But there are many others.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to bulk up on vegetables, not just salad (unless you like it). Roasted or grilled taste the best. You might try putting your normal meals in the recipe builder and see how many calories they are. From there, take a smaller portion and add vegetables. I also need flavor. Years ago I ate plain chicken and broccoli for days... I lost lots of weight, but gained it back when I went back to normal food.

Do you eat out all the time? If so, learn to cook. Many of us cook in batches and freeze leftovers for another day. I like soup a lot, even in summer. Beans are also a staple for me. I also think, for me, eating enough fiber is key. Start logging everything you eat and go from there.

I like to start my day with oatmeal most days. Eggs with a few vegetables is also a favorite. Everyone is different, so what works for me, may not work for you.

Look at people's diary for ideas. Lots of folks on the success board have open diaries, so you can see what they are eating.

Hope that helps.