Low energy

Some days I just feel so sluggish, any physical activity just seems too draining. Why could this be and how do I combat it?

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,734 Member
    For me it's either lack of nutrition or lack of sleep. When I start to feel super tired and lazy I check my food log and see what I'm lacking. Or, if I haven't been sleeping well I'll try to catch up a bit.

Occasionally it's a mental hurdle and I need to set new fitness goals and challenge myself.
  • atitagain1958
    atitagain1958 Posts: 160 Member
    Are your macros balanced? If I don't eat enough protein, I'm more tired than usual. I have Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia so I'm constantly tired as it is but it's MUCH worse when I don't get enough protein or calories. Make sure you're not trying to lose more than 2 pounds a week or eat less than 1800 calories a day. I hope this helps! You can add me as a friend if you like! Good luck! Hope you feel better soon!
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    I agree with the protein & sleep suggests, and I'll add iron, vitamin B, and water to that. Low iron & B vitamins can both cause anemia. If you are dehydrated, your blood pressure might drop. When that happens, the muscles aren't getting enough oxygen and that can make you feel fatigued as well. If you can honestly say that all of these things are where they need to be, and you are still feeling the lethargy, it's worth talking to a doctor because there could be an underlying condition causing it, such as a thyroid condition, or a sleep disorder. Good luck.