Mellow music?

Options
2»

Replies

• TattedUpBeachBoy
    TattedUpBeachBoy Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
    I'm taking looks at the suggestions and I'm very pleased.

Keep em coming! Lol
  • TattedUpBeachBoy
    Options
    ALSO, I don't know how many of you are familiar with Ulver, but my favorite piece from them is Not Saved. It's a 10 minute song that is as beautiful as it is dark. They were once a black metal band but evolved to dark ambient. If you've seen the Sinister movies, you've heard them. During the home movie kill films.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    ALSO, I don't know how many of you are familiar with Ulver, but my favorite piece from them is Not Saved. It's a 10 minute song that is as beautiful as it is dark. They were once a black metal band but evolved to dark ambient. If you've seen the Sinister movies, you've heard them. During the home movie kill films.

+1 for the Ulver mention. Also loved Arcturus, and still kind of do, but their phase that I really enjoyed only lasted for a single album (The Sham Mirrors, the last one with Garm). Since Simen got into the band, the weirdness just went...too weird to listen to on the regular.

ETA: I just realized I haven't heard an Ulver album all the way through since Themes from William Blake's The Marriage of Heaven and Hell. Jesus, I have almost 20 years of catching up to do.
  • TeclaLynn
    TeclaLynn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Alt-j
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Halsey is pretty chill
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Miles Davis!
  • JessicaJS23
    JessicaJS23 Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    lilmhldepxx4.png

One of my favorites <3
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Sufjan Stevens, Elliott Smith, Mountain Man, Grizzly Bear, The Antlers--although these guys are actually super depressing =/
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    jenovatrix wrote: »
    Woven Hand - can't recommend them highly enough. Good starter albums are the self-titled and Mosaic.
    16 Horsepower if you want to go more folky. Same singer as Woven Hand.
    Antony & the Johnsons - go listen to Antony's cover of Leonard Cohen's 'If It Be Your Will' right now. It's amazing
    Richard Hawley - the Coles Corner album is fantastic
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds albums The Boatman's Call and No More Shall We Part

Also if you don't have the Iron & Wine & Calexico collaboration album get it. It's soooo good.

That Leonard Cohen cover by Antony and the Johnsons gave me chills!!!!
  • TattedUpBeachBoy
    Options
    All of you are amazing sexy people.

Brownie points for everyone. Thanks a ton.