2»

Replies

• acollis1
    acollis1 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Expand the Carb section, hmmmmmm.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1809/2

So once again, how to they differ?
    so it's obvious that a carb is a carb to you. you asked how they were different metabolically, and in that sense you have to factor in fiber and glycemic index. I stick to "slow carbs" I never go over my "carbs" but tend to go over on the sugar (looking at your food diary I'm sure you do too), I go WAY over on protein and fiber. It works for me, and if you're diabetic you need to know these things. I'm not going to waste anymore time arguing with you because I'm sure you're one of those people that always HAS to be right, so let's just agree to disagree.
    Going back to her original question, yes there probably is no difference between a tsp of honey and a tsp of sugar, so whatever makes you happy. I just believe in eating clean foods, not processed ones, I believe this is why there is so much cancer and disease in this world, along with several physicians I work with. They put so many chemicals in our foods, I'll take my chances with an apple!!!! so to each his own!!!

"Apples have fructose (natural), not sucrose (refined)"

if sucrose is refined, how is it found in apples!?

"Alpha-Linolenic-Acid, Asparagine, D-Categin, Isoqurctrin, Hyperoside, Ferulic-Acid, Farnesene, Neoxathin, Phosphatidyl-Choline, Reynoutrin, Sinapic-Acid, Caffeic-Acid, Chlorogenic-Acid, P-Hydroxy-Benzoic-Acid, P-Coumaric-Acid, Avicularin, Lutein, Quercitin, Rutin, Ursolic-Acid, Protocatechuic-Acid, Silver, Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lycine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Argenine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Glycine, Proline, and Serine"

^ all chemicals found in your apple
    [/quote]
    WOW! Who peed in your cheerio's???
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Agave syrup, sometimes called Agave nectar. Its a natural plant extract with a low GI.

This is really close to honey and supposedly takes longer to absorb so it won't spike your blood sugar. I wanted to like stevia but I can't get over the aftertaste.