How bad is excessive fiber?

Options
2»

Replies

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm pregnant and if I don't get at least 35-40g of fiber a day nothing moves. nothing. it's awful. I'm already at 28g for the day and I've just had breakfast and lunch. I'll still have 1-2 snacks and dinner. I gotta see if that lady down the hall still has peanut m&ms at her desk. not sure if they have fiber, but I've still got 1,065 calories left and have had no added sugar today. That calls for peanut m&ms.

I was gonna comment on the 6 quest bars a day, but ....6 QUEST BARS IN 1 DAY?!?
  • King_Spicy
    King_Spicy Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    30-35g was the minimum recommended by Harvard Health. I eat 2 servings of Fiber One every day, and because it is almost fully insoluble fiber, I also drink 3 tablespoons of Metamucil per day for my soluble fiber
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    35 is more than likely your "minimum", not max.

Minimums are usually recommended as 25g.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    35 is more than likely your "minimum", not max.

Minimums are usually recommended as 25g.

14 g/1000 calories consumed is the official U.S. government recommendation. Often you'll hear 25 g recommended for women (which apparently assumes 1800 cal/day) and 35 g for men (apparently assuming 2500 cal/day).
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    lol 45 is nothing I eat over 130g a day, don't worry about it unless it causes you stomach issues

:noway:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »
    I eat 5-6 quest/protein bars a day

HOLY CRAP! :o That's a lot of protein bars!

If Quest bars weren't so expensive here, and i had the spare calories I could totally eat 4+ a day. I love em :love: I've done it a few times and had a happy tum.

I think @Noreenmarie1234 still gets the old formula from an underground, black market dealer :lol::tongue:
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    illyich wrote: »
    lol 45 is nothing I eat over 130g a day, don't worry about it unless it causes you stomach issues

My highest was 64. Teach me your ways, sensei.

I eat 5-6 quest/protein bars a day (17g fiber each) on top of a diet heavy in fiber filled foods like my wraps that I use have 10g fiber and I eat a ton of veg/fruit. (I eat so many bars because I am a med student in residency and I don't like to take breaks to get meals lol)
    May I ask why? Just seams alot of protien bars...I have days I eat 3 when Im busy and cant get a meal and thats alot to me :open_mouth:
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options

I eat 5-6 quest/protein bars a day (17g fiber each) on top of a diet heavy in fiber filled foods like my wraps that I use have 10g fiber and I eat a ton of veg/fruit. (I eat so many bars because I am a med student in residency and I don't like to take breaks to get meals lol)
    May I ask why? Just seams alot of protien bars...I have days I eat 3 when Im busy and cant get a meal and thats alot to me :open_mouth:

I used to basically live off of them, because they were quick, easy, relatively dense, and I actually believed their net carb count. Yes, I was a sucker for that last one. xD
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    kirstenb13 wrote: »
    I eat 5-6 quest/protein bars a day

HOLY CRAP! :o That's a lot of protein bars!

If Quest bars weren't so expensive here, and i had the spare calories I could totally eat 4+ a day. I love em :love: I've done it a few times and had a happy tum.

I think @Noreenmarie1234 still gets the old formula from an underground, black market dealer :lol::tongue:

Lol yes, I bought like 50 boxes of the old formula. New one would KILL my stomach, plus they just don't taste good enough to want to eat that many lol.

I used to basically live off of them, because they were quick, easy, relatively dense, and I actually believed their net carb count. Yes, I was a sucker for that last one. xD

Yes basically I live off them because I don't have time to cook during residency working crazy hours and stuff. Plus I just LOVE them lol so now that I am addicted to them it's just my "routine".

I am legitimately addicted to them.:no_mouth:
  • JinjoJoey
    JinjoJoey Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of fiber and the only downside is, I get horrid gas.