Newbie here...

Options
Hey all,
I'm a guy about to turn 46. Have been an exerciser since high school; running at first, started lifting with some running the last 15 years or so. Unfortunately, I was of the belief that I could eat and drink whatever since I worked out. Well when I popped a pants button off at work, I think the good Lord was trying to tell me something. Starting watching what I eating about a month ago- increased veggies, fruits, cut out fried food, increased water- neither soda nor gobs of sweets have been a particular weakness for me. Lost about 4 pounds so far.. Only fat area is my gut.. Since I'm not trying to lose a LOT of weight, I started with a goal of about 10 pounds since I'm not sure how much "fat weight" of my total weight is. I know one can't "spot reduce" but am hopeful 3-4 days of hiit and continued lifting will shed the fat along with counting my calories- which I refused the past month; but realized if I'm gonna do this thing right, I gotta do it. Thanks for any advice out there

Peace...

Replies

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! Sounds like you're taking a great approach better yourself / your health! You will doubtless find lots of like-minded people here so keep up the great work!