Motivating MYSELF AGAIN

Options
Hi everyone!!!! I'm a Canadian living in Italy with 10kg to lose. After being diagnosed with hashimoto thyroiditis 4 yrs ago it's been an uphill battle. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't take off the weight. Looks like with medication the thyroid is under control so I am once again fully motivated to do this. Anyone here facing the same struggle? We can help each other hopefully.

Replies

• diana123xyz
    diana123xyz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't have any medical issues but I have been loosing/putting on 10-15 kg almost every year since my teens. It will always be a struggle cause I love sweet and fatty foods just as much as I love feeling in shape. One or the other motivation always dominates. Let's support each other. :)
  • chx4more
    chx4more Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I also have Hashimoto's. Diagnosed about 8 months ago. Lots some weight but it's slow. I had all sorts of symptoms from tightness in hands, skin issues. Weird allergies. Terrible ovulation pain. Adrenaline rushes. Weight gain. Cold hands and feet. The synthroid has helped. But the weight is slow to come off.
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    The medication helps and even though my doctor said I would lose weight it has been really hard. So far I've lost 5.5 lbs and I'm happy that the scale is going in the right direction.