15 weeks, 40lbs an a thread to keep me honest!

Options
Samstan101
Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
I started my lifestyle change the day I signed up here towards the end of March this year. I bought a Fitbit, joined a gym and started to measure my food, make good choices and log here. At a starting weight of 303lbs I didn't have the courage to take any photos of myself other than a head shot. Having started that I've periodically taken photos so I could see the change. With such a long journey I wasn't going to post for a while but have decided that by posting my progress so far I'm kind of publicly committing to continuing my journey.

Its taken me a long time to take responsibility for my own size. I've kind of been in denial for the last 10+ years (having put back on the 6st I lost for my wedding). My husband loves me for me regardless of my size and it was only hitting 40 and realising that I was kidding myself that I was really doing my hobbies properly (SUP Boarding, Kayaking & camping). My knees hurt just walking, I was tired a lot, I suffered from insomnia and so I decided I needed a lifestyle change. I worked through some issues I had with food (emotional eating) and once I understood why, then I knew I could develop an eating plan I can live with both to lose weight and to keep it off. So far, so good - I still have chocolate (but less), I still have a few drinks at a weekend if I want and I have the odd cheat day. I do cardio 3-4 times a week (treadmill, elliptical or swimming) and weights twice a week for about 30mins a time before work. I haven't used the lift at work for 15 weeks, I walk in my lunch break and am generally far more active.

So enough waffle - just over 25% through my journey here's my face change (1st pic 24/3/13, last pic tonight)

40lbProgress.jpg

Edit: Pic resized so it fits on the page

Replies

• clearlyme
    clearlyme Posts: 36
    Options
    looking good! 40lbs in 3 months is so great!
  • clarinetmajor
    clarinetmajor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Great Job! Keep up the good work!
  • RockClimber69
    RockClimber69 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Look at you go! Awesome job!
  • janmhm
    janmhm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    RIGHT ON! You should be incredibly proud of your progress! I can't boast 15 - but I just hit 5 - the first 5 I have lost in a very, very long time! Keep it up!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work!
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Great job, only 15 weeks...hum I am definately doing something wrong!! So proud of your success!!:smile:
    120917 Posts: 1
    Options
    That is brilliant.... Keep it going, (((Hugs from the UK)))
    20072013 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That's great, there is a definite difference. You look younger as well!
  • angelatjones16
    Options
    Great job, keep up the good work!!!
  • nicoleandaiden111
    Options
    You look so different, awesome job!! I hope your proud of your self!!! your beautiful!!
  • JAEGAmom
    JAEGAmom Posts: 39
    Options
    :wink: That is fantastic!!! You look amazing! What an inspiring change over 15 weeks time!!! Good for you!!!
  • mamosh81
    mamosh81 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    wow just wow such a big difference already! Best of luck the rest of the way
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations and awesome job!! I can definitely see the difference. You keep going, you're doing an amazing job, and from what you wrote, it looks like you're going about the right way!
  • Boogage
    Boogage Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Amazing loss! Well done, you're looking great
  • ldnmaggie
    ldnmaggie Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Wow you can totally see the difference! you look amazing!!

Edit - Typo -.-
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Wow, you can see such a change in your pics.

Well done, keep motivated and you will be where you want to be in no time at all.

And you just are an inspiration to others out there that people can achieve what they may think they can not achieve if they make those first steps.

:smile:
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    You're doing fantastic and those pictures prove it :) x
  • Jan3D
    Jan3D Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great post, motivating pics! You are losing pretty fast too. You go girl!
  • missymoo077
    Options
    Well done xxxx
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, MFP and the community here has been invaluable both as a source of information and the support and encouragement both in this thread and especially my friends list.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!