Being very obese!!

Options
I've always had extra weighty whole life and in the past year I gained almost a 100lbs. Last year was horrible. I had health issues that made me immobile, but I am so much better. I started my diet in April and so far lost 47.6lbs. I'm irritated that I've gained so much but I had a wake up call that I need to lose, and so far I'm pretty proud of myself. I would love to have anyone that wants to be friends and give each support.

Replies

• heathershaw4785
    heathershaw4785 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That is incredible!! Keep working hard and never lose sight of why you started this in the first place.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    That's a terrific loss so far. Good for you for taking back control of your eating. Weight loss is not a linear process, there will be ups and downs. It's important to remember that you just have to keep going and you will get there. I'll send a friend request.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Count me in, sister - I had to have a bit of a nudge in the weight loss area by my orthopedic surgeon who told me to lose 20 lbs before I could get knee surgery. I have lost almost 90lbs since October last year, and although I am now on the wait list, I still have not had the surgery - they say this year for sure, but not this summer. Poop.

So originally it was for medical reasons that I even considered weight loss, but the results have been self fulfilling motivation for me, and it has made a big difference in my day to day living, as I am more active and mobile.

Glad to hear you are moving around more - personally, I havent spent a minute in a gym or consciously exercising, all the weight loss has been from changing my eating habits. I have however been able to get back in the pool this summer, and that helps!! But I cant swim far enough to lose all the weight I would like, so my focus remains watching what I eat and how much of it. Its not terribly difficult, once you get in the habit.

Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress!!
  • kendallvon
    kendallvon Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It *can* be done! I've lost 180 +/- 5 pounds in the last 7 years. That's *not* a typo. Like the above poster, I started for medical reasons, but kept going after I met that goal. It has *definitely* made life better. I'm sure I would be in a wheelchair by now if I hadn't started.

Great job on your progress so far and *definitely* keep us posted. We're cheering for you!