Fell off the wagon yesterday...

Options
Why do I do crap like that to myself?
I went out to lunch with my friends and it was all down hill from that!
I'm back on the wagon today, but my question is this...How do you stay strong in situations like this?

Replies

• pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Just look at it that you took a day off. You still have to live and enjoy life :) What is important is you do not let 1 day turn into a week and then a month.
  • DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It's all good, yesterday was my bday and I ate over 7000kcal! And I enjoyed every calorie!! You just can't let 1 day become 2...become a week, month, etc.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Exactly as already stated: ONE slip up is normal. Giving up is not the answer. Plan ahead. Did you know you were going to lunch? Did you look at the menu and decide on your best option?

Not paying attention to calories and indulging occasionally is fine. Necessary for some. However, don't write off the whole rest of the day! The all-or-nothing mindset only leads to disappointment and failure. Don't want until "tomorrow" to get back on track. Do it right away.
  • soazrj
    soazrj Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the above posters, you did it fall off the wagon. Falling off the wagon is giving up for the rest of the week because you messed up one day, two days. And then you tell yourself after that week is over. I'll start again tomorrow, and then tomorrow turns into next week, and then, after the holidays. And before you know it you don't bother again until you need to buy bigger clothes. Messing up and getting right back on it the next day is a victory! Treat it as such!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Shoot I've been messing up since Saturday lol!

This happens from time to time - you just get control over it and get back on it as soon as possible. Don't let one or two days turn into a week or more.