1st month down, lost 10 lbs

Options
kellyiris6
kellyiris6 Posts: 69 Member
edited June 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, my name is Kelly and this is my first month using MFP.

SW: 204
CW: 194
GW: 145

It's been a tough month getting adjusted to eating healthy, cutting alcohol and not ordering out. Any motivation to keep this healthy lifestyle going is greatly appreciated, I need it!

Kelly

Replies

• erwingeminie20
    erwingeminie20 Posts: 26 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Watch some documentary movies like "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", "Fork Over Knives", "Supersize Me" and many more. I watch them again and again to keep me motivated. If you don't have someone to talk to....just watch it again.
  • kellyiris6
    Options
    Great idea, I saw Fed Up on Netflix awhile ago and it was impactful. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Cutting foods you like is not always the best idea. Getting them to fit into your calories for the day is a better approach to eating for a lifetime. I usually have a beer or two a day along with some ice cream. Life is too short not to have some favorite foods or drinks in your life :)

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Congrats on your first 10 pounds!!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Watch some documentary movies like "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead", "Fork Over Knives", "Supersize Me" and many more. I watch them again and again to keep me motivated. If you don't have someone to talk to....just watch it again.

Dude, stop!! It's a crap documentary
  • erwingeminie20
    Options
    So you don't believe on a plant-based diet?
  • kellyiris6
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks @queenliz99 for the tips! Yes, I still drink beer once in awhile and occasionally enjoy my guilty pleasure of having a smores (it's summer!) Thanks for the article link, looks like it has some valuable information.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    So you don't believe on a plant-based diet?

I absolutely believe vegetables matter for good health but his documentary is still crap. Drinking only juice is not healthy and he is in it to sell juicers.
  • erwingeminie20
    Options
    Ok. As long as your eating more veggies than meat, then its a good thing. :)
  • KellBell113
    KellBell113 Posts: 119 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Way to go! You so got this! Keep it up! Just imagine how good you'll feel when you step on that scale and see your goal number!
  • kellyiris6
    Options
    Thanks @KellBell113
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Ok. As long as your eating more veggies than meat, then its a good thing. :)

Yep, as long as you are eating less than you need is a good thing!!
  • queenliz99
    Options
    kellyiris6 wrote: »
    Thanks @queenliz99 for the tips! Yes, I still drink beer once in awhile and occasionally enjoy my guilty pleasure of having a smores (it's summer!) Thanks for the article link, looks like it has some valuable information.

My diary is open, feel free to browse. I'm leaving for mini getaway tonight and will probably be all over the place diet wise. But when I get home, I will be getting my calorie intake back in order.
  • kellyiris6
    Options
    Awesome thanks, I'll take a browse to get some ideas for food. I realized how important it is to pre plan meals
  • kellyiris6
    Options
    @queenliz99 looks like your diary is hidden, but it might be because I'm new and not used to navigating to the right place.
  • queenliz99
    edited June 2016
    Options
    kellyiris6 wrote: »
    @queenliz99 looks like your diary is hidden, but it might be because I'm new and not used to navigating to the right place.

are you on the app? you need to use the website
  • kellyiris6
    Options
    That's probably why, I'm using the app. I'll look on there, thanks! Enjoy your getaway!
  • toniquimby
    toniquimby Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Great job in the 10lb AND getting under 200!! Keep on keeping on!
  • JeffreyOC
    JeffreyOC Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • orlandodec91
    orlandodec91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Did better than I, lost 7lbs in 1 month.
  • kellyiris6
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)