What do you miss?

Options
I thought it would be fun to talk about things that we've had to sacrifice to help reach our weight goals!

The thing I'm missing the most is soda :'(

Replies

• pztodd
    pztodd Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bakery foods: cake, cupcakes, muffins. You name it :-) I know that I don't have to cut them out of my diet completely but I've made a decision to cut back on things with sugar at least until I've lost my first 10 lbs. :)
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options
    I don't miss the constant hunger, anxiety, guilt and stomach pains of my old way of eating. I miss Flurries.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I got away from soda many years ago. I notice that 6 months ago I'd respond to boredom with food. Now I try to respond to boredom with activity.
  • Gary_Harbisher
    Gary_Harbisher Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Take away, especially pizza. I make a mean low cal pizza but it's not the same.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    Wine. I'll have a beer or two once in a while -- but it's just not the same.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Tough question, as I haven't really given up anything. I do eat some things less often - baked goods and garlic bread come to mind.
  • kellyiris6
    kellyiris6 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    McDonalds bacon, egg and cheese bagel! And chipotle burrito with double of everything!
  • TheTagman
    TheTagman Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bread....I really miss bread.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I would say eating cheese fries with ranch dressing 3+ times a week, but I honestly like the new me with abs WAY better than I ever enjoyed that fleeting pleasure. So, nothing, really.

And I still have cheese fries with ranch every now and then, so I haven't really given anything up.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,005 Member
    Options
    I don't really miss anything. I haven't given anything up, I just eat everything in moderation now. I was never good at moderation before.
  • st476
    st476 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I miss not having to worry about calories, and just eating whatever I saw without having to figure out how to work it into my daily/weekly calories. The good thing is that everything just seems to taste so much better now than it did when I could just eat whatever mindlessly. :smile:
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'll admit sometimes I just miss eating without caring how much I ate. Instead of weighing and measuring, and making sure I eat the correct portion. But, then that's how I was also 75 pounds heavier, and pretty miserable otherwise. :smiley:
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    I miss believing that a Tim Horton's blueberry muffin was a "healthy alternative" :D
  • DMJ0729
    DMJ0729 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mexican food on a (very) regular basis!!