Ladies, what do you do if you don't like to sweat/shower everyday?

Options
13»

Replies

• redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I put my hair in a shower cap when I shower and use dry shampoo later. My hair gets really nasty if I was it daily with like sores and crap. I just put it up when I work out too.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    :sick: People please shower.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    If I don't want to wash my hair, I just rinse it. If I don't want to get it wet, it goes up in a bun and I use a shower cap. Then I might use a dry shampoo on it after if it seems "yucky" still.
    But a shower every day is a must :neutral: I have to shower after I work out, even if it's a rinse.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm a head sweater. I suck it up and just wash my stuff everyday. Probably why I like to keep my hair so short. Although, I will admit that yesterday I took a "pool bath." lol
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Shower caps, Co-wash (conditioner) dry shampoo, quick water rinse... It depends how sweaty I am.

If you MUST use shampoo, opt for sulfate free, soapnuts or dilute your regular shampoo with water.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Watch that dry shampoo. I was using the Dove brand kind and noticed it was making my scalp burn. Then I noticed the first ingredient, no lie, is butane and the second is propane.

suave-dry-shampoo-review.jpg
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Grow up. Not everybody has the same needs.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Most people around you might have the need to be around clean people..... Shower and bathing do not kill people or make you sick - that was the believe in medieval times......
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options

Haha! As long as the unshowered aren't anywhere near me then I don't care what others do.

I always go straight home after the gym to shower, but if I have to go to the grocery store I'll go on my way home all sweaty on purpose. That way people don't stand rightontopofmeandinmypersonalspace in the checkout line. HATE when people do that. Sometimes being smelly serves a purpose.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Lots of judgy shower patrol people on here, lol. You really truly don't need to shower everyday for health/cleanliness reasons. Also, everyone is different, some people are profuse sweaters/stinkers and others are not. If you shower every day, good for you. If you don't shower every day, good for you. Lol

time.com/4259559/shower-soap-hygiene/

smh.com.au/lifestyle/beauty/how-often-should-we-shower-much-less-often-than-you-think-20150310-140487.html

health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/daily/tips/daily-shower-skin1.htm
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    t9608.gift4238.gif
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options

Yeah... ok. I never thought I would see defending on not taking showers. Nasty. :sick:
  • Chef_Barbell
    Options
    astrampe wrote: »

Most people around you might have the need to be around clean people..... Shower and bathing do not kill people or make you sick - that was the believe in medieval times......

Hahaha yes well said!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    She showers at least a couple times a week. People are acting like she showers once a month. Or in midieval times twice a year or something. Hard to take this seriously.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yeah, people. How could all you Shower McShowersons make people who shower less feel bad. Shower Shamers! :neutral:

Shower cap or bun. And lots of moisturizer because there is no way in hell I'm skipping a shower if there is running water in the immediate vicinity.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    You could just do a sponge bath on your sweatiest bits or get a shower head that has a handheld shower so you can just wash off certain areas.
    Don't use shampoo or soap on your whole body every day. Just rinse with water.
    Use a moisturizing shampoo or cleanser if you have dry skin or hair. I use Noxema on my face.

I shower or bathe every other day unless I have been doing something dirty like yard work or have been absolutely drenched in sweat. My workouts don't leave me drenched with sweat usually.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    Yeah, people. How could all you Shower McShowersons make people who shower less feel bad. Shower Shamers! :neutral:

Shower cap or bun. And lots of moisturizer because there is no way in hell I'm skipping a shower if there is running water in the immediate vicinity.

I don't think they are being horribly mean or anything. I just thought maybe they weren't being serious and were just pretending to be more horrified than they are. I guess they aren't. I guess I just don't understand. First world problems and stuff. Lol